1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Festivals '08

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 30 Mar 2008.

1. inverted

inverted What's a Dremel?

I just got back from reading, overall it was pretty decent. I really want to go again but its a shame how expensive it is now.

2. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Might be heading to ATP Nightmare Before Christmas this december. Anyone else going?

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

But Reading doesn't normally have any of the campsite 'riots' and gas cannister incidents though, that's always Leeds. Reading was getting more and more dodgy for years until Leeds started up and then you guys seemed to get all the ******s and Reading was chilled again.

I should be going to ATP's Nightmare Before Christmas ozstrike :) We just need to get who's going sorted and work out chalet arrangements.

4. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I need to find some people to go with, my friends will either all be at uni, or don't want to go. Hoping I can work out a way somehow.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I iz home... The car fire was pretty cool... We were camped up on the Main enterance corner of Orange near a buger bar that did awesome coffee. Good to see the old favorites of 'bollocs!' and 'backscratcher!' havn't died a death...

My highlights of the weekend were Rage (Duh?) Red Light Company, Foals and Rufus Hound on the subject of free hugs... For anyone who was there, I was strutting my stuff in the legendry white ' I [heart] Ginger Reyes' T-Shirt, with 'Manky' on the back written in sparkly eye-liner!

Im also very happy I managed to go the entire weekend without going for a dump. go me.

6. Hex

You sir, are a prize winning moron. People having their vehicles set fire to is in no way "cool". My mate now can't go to her job as there is no public transport for her to catch, so until she gets a new car sorted she is screwed. Not. Cool. :nono:

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

From the point of veiw of a 16 year old it was... Let me enjoy my remaining year of car-related-nieeveness (mispelt on purpose).

8. Hex

Only to a 16yr old moron. I don't own a car, doesn't stop me knowing what happened was really horrible. Good to know though, if you or your possessions get set on fire we can all stand around watching cos it'll be "pretty cool"...

9. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Can I set your house on fire? Cause, y'know, it looks pretty cool.

10. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

nah i was camped in staff (lame, don't do it.)
    But yeah blue was horrific, as were most like but blue is the main one to get to all areas so was terrible, i had an epic fall in the mud on friday mornin, slow mo' disaster, haha :)

11. K

K 528491

Perhaps. It looks pretty bloody good to be honest.

12. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Just got home about an hour ago :)

We left on a sleeper train from Glasgow on Tuesday night and arrived back on a sleeper train from London on Tuesday morning.

Was right down the front for Feeder and Tenacious D. Hung back a bit for Rage since that was the second time I'd seen them.

Video I shot of Feeder

We were in the middle of the crowd for MSI then planned to go to the front for Feeder and Tenac and Metallica but by the end of Tenac I was we were totally exhausted having been at the front for 2.5 hours or so. We decided to filter back a bit to where it was less mental so we could just enjoy the music.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Cabe, where were you camped?

14. Hex

Glad you guys had a good time, sorry I didn't get round to meeting up. (See my post above) we had a bit of a hectic festival this year!

Just got my 2009 tickets this morning.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Me too... apparantly SeeTickets has just crashed...

16. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

was it just me or did anyone else in Leeds feel like they were in Afganistan on the last night? after the bands stopped the whole campsite was just smoke and dull explosions. Oh and 200 people trying to burn down the pole on red campsite, that was hilarious

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

^^ Loving the analogy..

18. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

To be fair Reading is like that every year, lighters, aerosol cans, gaz canisters, you name it, it gets burnt. Some idiots tried to burn down the toilet block on green campsite and damn things are metal, so they just ripped them to pieces instead.

I'm sure it's because I'm getting old but I just can't be bothered to go anymore, it's just too much hassle and there's too many little idiots ruining it for other people.

19. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

V festival this year, V festival + Glastonbury next year, Was tooooo ill to properly enjoy this years V, buuuut hell, I'm sure i'll make it up next year! :p

20. Hex

Nah mate, Leeds is worse. Reading was getting to be a nightmare for a while but then Leeds started up and they really outdo us on the violent front! There's no half measures there!

Mate just sent me a picture of her car :grr:

[​IMG]

Tags: