1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Kojima: "Stop asking about MGS4 for Xbox 360"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Aug 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

if your an MGS fan, you already own a PS3.

I bought the PS2 and the PS3 based purely on the fact that MGS would be on those consoles. I can empathise with Kojima, but its just the nature of the game these days - people want every game on every platform. I think the idea of a PC MGS would be a great plan - Its a shame hes never embraced the idea properly, ports aside.

Having played MGS4... I dont think its really an Xbox 'feeling' game, if that makes any sense.

3. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

I'm not really a Metal Gear fan, don't have a PS3 and this game alone wouldn't make me buy one. But, I might get it for the 360, so this comment is a bit weird...

" is that it's not about the hardware - I want people to look at the game itself "

How can they do that if they can't get it for their 'hardware'?? They are asking because they want to get "the game itself". Plus it's not a question completely out of left field because some of the other games were ported to the original xbox.

It actually sounds like he thinks everyone owns all the consoles and it's a matter of preference whether people buy a particular game on a particular console.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It must get pretty boring being asked that question over and over.

It must get pretty boring being Kojima, too, since everyone seems to expect him to make MGS games for the rest of time.

5. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

if he is that annoyed by it, then just make it and shut everyone up

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

More like, if you wanted MGS4 that badly go buy a PS3. The whole "not going to buy a console just for one game" argument doesn't really work anymore, just deal with it and enjoy whatever's on your console. If you're still not happy then just buy the damn thing :rolleyes:

7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

This was what I got from the quote. How the hell can people judge/ask/talk about your game when they can't even play it? Stop being a bitch about it (at Kojima).

Last edited: 27 Aug 2008
  8. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Exactly. And any further venture/creation he comes up with subsequently, will undoubtedly be compared and judged against the MGS series.

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i have a 360 and less than zero interest in MGS4.

10. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Ditto

Plus i have a PS3 and still have zero interest in MGS

11. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Me stop being a bitch? :lol: I haven't ever owned a metal gear game, I'm merely curious enough to pick it up if it came out for the console I own. People who REALLY want it would waste their cash on a whole new console for it.. basically I'm the other people who aren't that fussed but would ask him if it's coming out if I meet him. There are probably a butt load of 360 people with that 'don't want to spend £300+ on the game', who, having NOT played his game (the sole reason for talking to the man) have nothing else to ask him. ;) To be honest it'll probably be a rental even if I got a PS3.

12. chiper136

chiper136 What's a Dremel?

It must get pretty boring making the same game over and over and tagging another number on the end. I would but it if it came to the 360, but its not worth me getting a PS3 for.

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

who cares about 360.

when is it coming out on PC? :D

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lol, yeah.

meh, no game is going to make me betray my PC. NO games. i didn't buy xbox for Halo, i didn't buy PS3 for GTA4 or MGS, i didn't buy Wii for Super Smash bros and i sure isn't going to buy any console!

although owning a PS3 for folding would be pretty good. but i don't want to buy a door stoper for folding if i can have my much smaller CPU do the same thing.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

if they maxed out a blue ray disk how many disks would the game come on. Still waiting to see how many disks final fantasy 13 will arive on before i make any decision on what to purchase

16. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

A little miss-communication, I was referring to Kojima.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Well, my guess would be 6. Based on 50/9 :B

18. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I see his point. It's his and Konami's decision that they made it exclusively for PS3. Nobody can do anything about it. Not even calling him a bitch helps. Also Metal Gear Solid has historically been a Playstation game. It came out on the Playstation in 1997, then on Playstation 2. Some ports for PC and XBOX (1) was made, but they basically sucked.

The game has a huge following. So if you are not interested in the game, then there is not problem. People who wants to play the game buys the console it is made for. It's not like people never upgraded their PCs when a new graphically intensive game was released. Do you see people want a light edition of the game? heh.. Crysis did get a bit complaints because it looks like the game code is unoptimized. New Warhead game promises better playability on low-spec machines, but in the end you have to upgrade to play the game the way it was intended.

19. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Oh... :) my bad.

20. sapbuckets

sapbuckets What's a Dremel?

I have no interest in MSG4, nor do I own a PS3. But I read this story and thought to myself "Man, Kojima's an asshat." The fact of the matter is that he's bitching about people being interested in his game.

If MSG4 was a game I wanted, I'd be SOL because I refuse to pay the ludicrous amount Sony charges for their console (despite their claims of losing money on each one). And I'd be asking about a X360 or PC version because I have those platforms.

Despite the tradition of MSG exclusive to Sony's hardware, it's pretty shortsided of him as a developer to make a game for just one format. It's simply bad business sense (unless Sony exhibited bad business sense and paid him wazoos of money for the exclusivity).

I wish there was a "middle finger" smiley, I'd plop one down here for Kojima. :grr:

Tags: Add Tags