1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Ransoman

Ransoman What's a Dremel?

Used to be, a failed project, i have had 4 puntos over the years (55s. mk2 sporting, HGT and the mk1 sporting in the pics).

The 145 is such a good car, but pricy to run (make sure you get one Post-midlife-crisis).

my 147 has the "classic" interior which, IMO is the best as it has a very nice texture, and the cool hooded dials.

2. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

That is awesome fella - love the colour!

Here is mine... looking clean for once. :eeek:

Last edited: 30 Mar 2009
  3. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Finally got some half-decent photos of my little Corsa!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Eugh, I prefer the hubcaps to those rims - not my cup of tea at all.

This is my *new* car, only done 20,000 miles :D:

[​IMG]

6. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Those are tidy! I was just looking at some wheels the other day for sale in the mini fourm....with names like ACE, DRIVER, FAIRWAY, something wasn't right.....GOLF CART WHEELS!?

Thats right, apparently the same PCD as a mini, but with just over half the weight bearing ability! Looked damn sexy though....
    [​IMG] < THE BACKSPIN
    [​IMG] < Executive
    [​IMG] < Wedge
    [​IMG] <Driver
    [​IMG] < Marshall
    [​IMG] < Mulligan
    [​IMG] <Ace
    [​IMG] <Hazard
    [​IMG] < Renegade

They sure look pretty, but would it survive the motorway? Or a pot hole?

7. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I'd rather have a set of Force Racing splitties for a mini.. better than cheapo golf-cart wheels, and they're actually fit-for-purpose.

8. Stickeh

Oh so would i, any day of the week! The 10's fit over the 4 pot alloy calipers that minisport make iirc, and look supurb, add in some negative camber and its love love love.

9. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

What Polo you got there mate? Picked one up a month ago with 68,000 on the clock (nearly 70 now). How efficient you finding it - mine works out about 320 miles on £38, and I'm trying to judge if that's normal or not.

(For the record, my first Clio did 100miles = £10, and the second did 70miles = £10

10. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Yep, but Cooper S brakes are cheaper, and designed for 10's!

My wheels: [​IMG]

Centres are now painted black. Mm.

11. Stickeh

I won't bother posting mine, the laquer is flaking off, covered in brake dust, id like white centres / polished rim, but i dont know how feasible doing-it-myself will be! Can but give it a try i guess!

12. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Have a google for DIY wheel refurb mate, thats pretty much what you'd be doing so you'll get some hints and tips from reading about that.

13. Stickeh

Thats the thing, i've had a look ,and tbh was pretty set on getting them shot blasted and powdercoated, for around 100£ but im on a bit of a save some money to go to america next summer scheme, so much so my cars coming off the road sep 21st ( ironically when the insurance runs out...).

I'll be finishing the old boy off, getting him ready for the big 50th year anniversary celebrations of 2009! Probably re-insuring when i hit 21 ( Jan 5th) depending however on how much cash i have managed to save up.

Time out from driving should save me gas money which can be spent on fixing! And i can get back on my bike and get fit again wooooooo!

Back to the DIY refurb, i'll definately give it a go, all about sanding down polishing up!

14. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

yes, the only downside to doing it youself is you are going to need some sort of polisher, various pads and differnt compounds, which, when obtained, will work out close to the price you would have paid for a full refurb.

I'd say leave them at the momement if you are saving for other things. My Fabia vRS needs it's rims done but I'm saving for Dubai so they aren't getting done. It's one of those "will get done when there is time and money" things.

15. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Its a '98 1.4CL, no idea on the efficiency TBH I haven't driven it much yet - starting work in 2 weeks so won't really find out until then.

16. Stickeh

Well thats true, once everything is bought in it costs too much, maybe, i'll just get them shot blasted, then when the car gets sprayed i'll do them myself too...Seems like the cheapest option as he only charges me around £8 per wheel!

17. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

no pictures to hand, but I inherited my sisters Clio, it has "slag" etched into the back window :D Am I hell paying to get that fixed, doesn't bother me at all...

18. Stickeh

Someone like shadowed_fury would pay someone to write that on the back of his car ....

19. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Never shotblast alloys. It ruins the finish, and no end of polishing will fix it. Trust me. :(

20. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Little update: Sold my Cobra, and bought this..

[​IMG]

Missed the last one too much :D