1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Battlestar Galactica Mod: Complete!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Boddaker, 27 Mar 2007.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Congratz on the placing mate. Got some cash and some tech to start a new build now lol. Can't wait to see the pics.

2. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Bod.... as much as I love this mod, I am *very* disappointed in you... there should have been a pic of Tricia H and this mod, period. End of story.
    *grin*

Wouldnt that have been RAD!!!?!??!?
    ;)

Beautiful build, and congrats!

3. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis What's a Dremel?

I totally agree. What are the worst ones that come to mind?

4. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I'd rather not say at risk of offending someone but seriously the detail in this mod is insane, it really should have won. Which one did win? I couldn't for the life of me find it anywhere.

5. DarthBeavis

when someone has mods of your caliber I can understand your sentiment. I cannot find a set of pics of the winner (I was there but did not stay until the bitter end . . .I also have followed this build and know what he went through so I can attest he really went above and beyond with this project).

Someday I hope I get the courage to do a mod . . .

Boddaker is the Anakin Skywalker of the modding world . . .I hear he knows the Geno dude from Boxgods who is the Sidious of the modding world . . .we are all in danger of being wiped out ;)

**sorry, g33k humor

6. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Thanks Nick. Your mod was very nicely done, in spite of your time crunch. And it's a shame it didn't get in the top 5, as it was definitely worthy of it.

Here are the results of the contest, as well as pics of most of the other mods in the show rigs area:

1st place:
    [​IMG]

2nd place:
    [​IMG]

3rd place:
    [​IMG]

Other mods that made it in the top 10:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other mods on display:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Boddaker

HAHA thanks TD. :D

Hey, I tried my best! I actually attended the meet & greet and had her sign my copy of the season 3 dvd box set. I asked her if she would be kind enough to make her way over to the BYOC, but unfortunately, she had to catch a plane right after her bit in the opening keynote. Although I did show her pics of my case from my camera, with which she was mildly impressed lol!

8. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

!st & 2nd do not look like anything special, definite injustice :waah:
    Nearly all the other cases you posted look better than 1st & 2nd place :eeek: I may be wrong but i wouldn't be surprised if 1st & 2nd place won because of the parts & services used in the construction of the cases.

Allthough there are some impressive paintjobs on a few of those cases, from what i can see, i judge you the winner of this contest, green & black flame bfg case 2nd, and massive blue fan pc 3rd. I'll make some phone calls now and get things straightened out, won't be long, gimmie a minute.

9. DarthBeavis

The last two in the other mods part look absolutely fugly . . .

10. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I'm really surprised at the first place entry there, you'rs looks like it should have trumped that easily, it actually looks the most visually impressive of the lot!!!

11. lworbey

lworbey What's a Dremel?

I've been following this from the beginning and I'm really impressed with everything you've done to it! :clap:

Well done with all your hard work! :thumb:

12. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Uhmm... Don't want to disappoint you, but the 2nd place was craigbru's Rogue, and there is more to this case than one can see on the first view. ;)

I don't now about the first case though.

13. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Dude you were in there with the best. Congratz on the third placing.

14. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

wow, congrats! Man I can't believe Tricia Helfer didn't rush right over to see it. I thought all girls liked dudes with hot Mods? ;) I wish I could have made it out there to see all you guys.

I have to agree with Aterius above CraigBru's Rougue is a masterpiece of detail. Yours is as well and it would be a tough choice and I don't envy the judges. I'm not sure what's up with first. Maybe there is a worklog or some more pics somewhere but it doesn't seem that remarkable. anyone have any info on it?

15. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Congrats! I expect to see and hear more about BSG soon. Any more scheduled appearances?

Congrats again.

16. Boddaker

lol thanks guys! Yeah, there was definitely some tough competition there. Craigbru's Rogue is more than worthy of 2nd place, and the CPU judges must have seen something they liked in the first place rig.

I will try to make it back down to the bay area for Showdown LAN next month, and I will take it up to PDXLAN in January. And I'm sure there will be some online features here and there. Gonna make a youtube vid of it as well, just for fun. :D

17. Zort

Zort What's a Dremel?

I was one of the other finalists at Nvision08, but had to leave before the judges announced the winners. I knew for sure that Boddaker's BSG mod would be one of them, and Craig's Rogue as well. I honestly am not sure why first place won, but, to be fair, I didn't pay it as much attention as I did the other cases as it was a little lacking in the "wow" factor that really makes you lean in and examine it up close. Similarly, I thought I had "Rogue" beat until Craig (who was a totally cool guy) took us on a little tour of it. Once he showed us what was "under the hood" I knew he had me as well. I would like to personally thank Boddaker, Craig, and all the other finalists for raising the bar for me. Next time!! :D

18. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

TF didn't run to see your case. Pff. She's not as hot as she used to be now. LOL

Your doing it wrong. Finish it so we can see it here. Forget the tour ;)

Serously, you got gypped in that competition. I can understand Rogue coming above you, but 1st place has me a little baffled. I guess the judges liked that bribe mod best.

19. Slatter

Slatter Mesh Addict

this is art...

20. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

I guess the pics arent good enought to really appreaciate the mods but i seriously cant see how that case won first prize! :confused:

It looks like a pretty normal case with a bog standard window and watercooling setup... ??? Was it any more than this?

Cyp.

Tags: