1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Browser Virus??!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by RaGzY, 30 Aug 2008.

1. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

Hey tech dudes, going crazy with this problem. Have no idea what to do and I really need my comp running quickly.

Basically, today my computer kept crashing. i had problems logging on sometimes and my computer just freezes. The main problem is that when I search for something in google, when I click on the result, the item I searched, gets re-searched through another random search engine in a new tab.

My computer is notably slower and I uninstalled Zonealarm thinking that might've been the problem, but I highly doubt it now. So basically I have no FW or AV, an now have a virus..I think.(I know how dumb can you get)

Things I've tried:

1)System restore - tried it about 4 times but ended up with the same message : can not restore to date...the system is unchanged
    2)Smacking my computer
    3)Downloading commodo, but my comp is so slow it just crashes when I try running it.

Please help!!!

P.S. If this isn't in the right forum could you please re-direct it to the correct forum. Thanks.

2. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

What OS are you using?

4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

you could do as golygus said and remove your adware, that will definitely fix the re-searching problem, but i suspect that your computer has more problems than just adware. it sounds like you've got it totally gummed up with crap. you should back up all your data and reinstall the OS. then, when you've got a clean OS on there, install firefox and don't click on random .exes

5. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

XP