1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. seebul

seebul Minimodder

Haven't taken any pics yet but just got a Seat Ibiza sport in bright red:D, its a 55 plate but its only got 20,000 miles on the clock, Will post pics when i take some!

2. ChriX

ChriX ^

Good man. I sometimes think about selling mine but a 10 min blast on a quiet b-road makes me think 'what was I thinking?!?' :D

I recently had the series 2 suspension and geo re-done on mine, sooo worth it.

3. kbates666

kbates666 What's a Dremel?

Please dont say you sold a AC Cobra. No matter how much I love a good Lotus, I could never sell a AC Cobra.

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

It was a replica, and had no roof which is not very useful in England. Was very pretty though!

Yeah, thats on my to-do list. This one actually came with a hard top too, which will be useful for the colder months. They're addictive little blighters aren't they? I have already started ordering new bits for it.. ;)

5. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Well alex put me off shotblasting, i knew it wouldnt be good for the alloys hence the spray of one colour all over...

I've looked into wheel refurb places, and if they're quotes are reasonable i may consider it, but when a mini wheel 13x7" is £65 new, i cant see myself putting much out for them! hopefully they'll realise this and the fact they're so small, and charge me less? haha. heres hoping!

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Shotblasting is ok, but not on the front bits, not unless you get them to completely relaquer it... Just get a new one tbh. :p

7. Stickeh

I need all 4 doing mate, all theys laquers are peeling like NASTYness. ( does that confuse you? ) :p

With them being so cheap it isnt a bad idea to buy new ones, except cost, im still tempted to do it myself though, i know companies that do it day in day out will do a far better job, but is it worth the £35 or so a local place i know charges? esp as that was a 16x8! mines 13x7! haha.

8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I can't believe you got rid of the Cobra for that! Don't get me wrong, it's a wicked little car...but you sold the Cobra?!!!!

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yeah, true. Whip round with 'em and see if you can negotiate a special price tbh. They are bloody tiny wheels, I usually like my plates bigger than that! :p

10. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

£35 for a pain t and laqure or shot blast and powder coated?

11. Stickeh

Well as the lexus forums said, but alas, i rang up £45 +vat, **** that. I told him i thought would be cheaper for size, 'jobs a job mate' I can buy new wheels for £13 more! So maybe not.

Going round to a local mobile repair dude later, see what he charges for his services :) I'm trying to get a 'cash in hand do it on the side when you have some spare time cus im in no rush' quote!

12. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

First born is due in 3 days.. needed to pay off the credit card! ;)

13. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

you could have sold the first born instead!:lol:

14. Stickeh

£120 cash in hand, for kerbing and relaquering, bonus!

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

ahaha just noticed this...
    And james? :p

16. Stickeh

:D What kev? arf arf.

My cars blowing 'round the intlet manifold, sounds like a pig, pulls off like a horse and carriage and is plain nasty, time for a gasket change me thinks!

Oh and the cool part about how i figure it out? I sprayed WD40 on the inlet, and it sucked it right it, makes the car run even more like trash! But at least its audible / noticeable, i have the gaskets and its not that long a job to fix.

17. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Dreamy, in the best colour combo and everything once you put some black Sport 160 wheels on it ;) Standard S1 or has it been tinkered with? I noticed the indicator lenses have been swapped.

18. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its the 'LX' model, with the 2.0 TDCI unit that produces 130bhp and 320NM :).

19. Stickeh

Wait, what?
    Wheres the nova?

20. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I was going to scrap it, but a chap in Stoke offered me some cash for it, he has the intent to fix it, and he can weld. I found another big hole in it, this time about 2" from the drivers side rear trailing arm pivot, and decided enough is enough, and to get a sensible daily drive. There will be another nova sometime...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]