1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Early Look: Cooler Master Sniper

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 29 Aug 2008.

1. Skepsis

Skepsis What's a Dremel?

The dust, think of the dust!

2. h4x3r22

h4x3r22 What's a Dremel?

I like the idea of cooler master taking a focused interest in gamers. This is a rough start but i'm sure a few trial and errors will produce a creditable case that some fans will enjoy. As far as this case, it looks durable and great for mods but I can see that only a select few share those interests without other perks. Good Start CoolerMaster.

3. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

that case would be loud there seems no insulation just mesh

4. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

I see this case is like Marmite... love it or hate it :D I think its cool myself, I wouldn' want one, but its still quiet cool

5. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

Very nice and beautyful case I think this is the most perfect case ever made,I must get this case :thumb:

Last edited: 31 Aug 2008
  6. Major

Major Guest

Looks like ****.

7. steve30x

steve30x What's a Dremel?

I lke that case but would rather have the power , reset , HDD light and Power light on the front of the case instead of the top because I have my computer on my kitchen table. I would also like to see them make a version of the case where it would be possible to install a 240mm radiator on the roof of the case and someplace to hide the pump and reservoir for watercooling. Other than that I love the look of it and I love the way they put a hole in the rear of the motherboard tray to access the rear of the CPU area. It would make it slightly easier to install a CPU waterblock.

8. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

The only thing that stands out in a negative way is the fan controller knob. I messes with the clean look. If that panel is somehow "cleaned" to be far more subtle, I'd love the case. And never mind a mobo tray, the hole in the back isn't even on many removable trays, so it's a big plus. and we're all skilled enough to put some hardware in. I've had far worse than not a removable tray. And a watercooling loop makes a tray useless unless you insist on removing the blocks each time you upgrade you ram...

And the front actually looks good.

9. MeltedDuron

MeltedDuron What's a Dremel?

I'm really not liking that case... its a half decent layout, but it looks like it was designed as a star trek prop! I think that CM really need to reissue the ATCS cases. if they modernized it a little, I'm pretty sure that an ATC 110 reissue could be the greatest case of all time. it seems like a few years ago CM and Lian Li were doing the same thing, and then CM got bored of making the most beautiful cases around and decided that they'd go all thermaltake on us and started to use steel and plastic excessively in their cases. If theres anyone from CM R&D here, please take note of this post, what happened to the masters of aluminium?

10. steve30x

steve30x What's a Dremel?

What are you on about? I havent had to remove the blocks when I upgrade my ram. The only thing I want watercooled and have watercooled in my computer is the CPU. I dont need to remove the block from the loop each time I need to change ram. So I dont understand what your talking about.

Also I like that knob / button for the fans but maybe to make it look better (for some) maybe have it so that you can recess it into the panel with a press and then press it again to make it come out of the panel so you can use it.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well it looks like it will have some great ventilation if you want to do a passive type system.

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Like I said, I'm pretty sure these open-air panels defeat the purpose of directed air flow. It's just for showing off.

13. HourBeforeDawn

thats why I stated a passive system as any fan placed other then directly focused at the item being cooled would have no channel or flow as u put it.

14. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

Yes I agree with you , I avoid cases made of alluminium , alluminium is a weak metal , therefore I am looking only for cases made of hard steel :thumb:

15. HourBeforeDawn

please tell me that was just a bad joke???

16. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

Dont you know Alluminium is a weak metal , you can check this info in every chemistry book

17. HourBeforeDawn

wow umm okay so are u failing chemistry? or were u just dropped on your head as a child? seriously lol hmm sure I guess if aluminum foil is the only form of aluminum you have encountered then ya its pretty weak but billet aluminum is a very strong light weight metal, lol hell they make jets from it and car rims, engine blocks and other industrial parts and well I could go on and on but I dont want to overload you right away needless to say your pretty misinformed about the properties of aluminum.

18. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

I have had bad experiences with ball bearing fans therefore I try to avoid ball bearings

19. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

I got a CM Stacker 832. It looks 10 times better than this.

20. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

Yes I agree , I avoid cases with removeable motherboard tray , removeable mobo tray adds unnecessary complexity , increase the cost , and the case become weaker and less solid , therefore I only buy cases with the mobo tray fitted with solid permanent rivets to the frame

Tags: Add Tags