1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant To the people who can't spare 5-30 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by Thacrudd, 28 Aug 2008.

1. Akava

Akava Lurking...

This one really gets on my tits, I work in a super market, and as such i have to deal with putting stuff back where it should be all the time. The thing that annoys most though is when people put chilled, frozen or possibly worst of all, meat/fish from the counters just anywhere on the shelves, this is because unless we actually see them do it we have to right off (get rid of) the product... thus wasting the companies money just because some lazy little cretin can't be bothered to walk a fe metres back to when it should be.

/rant

2. NaNeil

NaNeil What's a Dremel?

#2, I used to work on the booze at Sainsbury's.. Didn't really mind finding 'dry goods' left out, fair enough, but dumping a fresh chicken on a shelf of wine, where it can't be seen, and then it rots and sticks the place out? That's stupid. I don't care if you can't be bothered to take your frozen/fresh goods back, but at least give them to a member of staff or even leave them where they can be spotted!

Edit: What about lorries overtaking lorries on the motorway? Even when both are speed limited at 56mph, so it takes an age for it to happen, usually because the other driver slows up? Ach!

3. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

As if, the 'stock relocation game' is one of my personal favs!

(Worry not supermarket monkeys, I do not do it with le frozen food... mostly cos i don't buy frozen food but still i'd atleast 'relocate' any frozen item into a freezer of some sort) :p

4. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

2. Used to annoy me because I've been working in a supermarket for over 4 years now, now I just don't care, it's not worth it. What does still annoy me is, when I've just finished tidying a section of an aisle, then someone comes along pulls everything apart in their search for something. The temptation to club them to death with a pork fillet is the something I can only just control.

5. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

When I don't want something I always put it back in it's rightful place, however this is a pretty rare event. The trolleys I will try and put back into a trolley stack, unless it's miles away / raining hard as yes, there are several people who are explicitly paid to pick the things up and put them into the stack by the door!

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Re Driving standards:- The most insane traffic display that I've personally witnessed was when I was in Paris over Christmas and standing at the Arc de Triomphe. It looked like a destruction derby just at the point before everyone started to speed up, it seemed to be something like 20 odd lanes merging into one big roundabout with no lane markings and everybody jumping from lane to lane at insane speeds. I stood there for about 30 minutes alternatively facsinated and horrified at the same time, how there wasn't total carnage was beyond my comprehension.

I've also seen the way the locals drive in the tight winding mountain roads in Turkey (Marmaris to be precise) very, very scary. Some of the resorts in Spain and Tenerife are quite frightning as well but that's probaly down to boozed up tourists.

In general I seem to have missed the transition amongst the public at large where we all seem to have a frantic and stressed out lifestyle, there are so many incidents you either see on tv or personally where people are bad tempered, rude and very quick to turn violent. What the hell happened? Are we really all living such a chaotic lifestyle that we are all on hair triggers? Some folk just need to loosen their sphincters and chill the **** out!

Last edited: 1 Sep 2008
  7. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

An update...went to the local Abu Dhabi Co-op, and took a box of doritoes, found a big bag of them, so put the box back exactly in their original place :)

Also the driving here is insane, there aren't any road markings on anything other than the major roads, and they're just ignored anyway. A bus can quite easily lurch across 4 lanes @60kph without any warning.

8. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Do you live near me by any chance?:p I've been nudged by many a bus driver that thinks they own the road

9. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

In the Dominican republic the driving system is pretty nice. You can go head on and weave in and out of traffic and no one really cares. They just get out of the way, if you start driving on the other side of the road everyone is like, oh I guess he has to do something over there so all the lanes shift to accommodate the vehicle. It ends up working a lot like boating, where the larger boat and sailboats have the right of way. You almost never have honking unless your in the city. People only make some beeps to let the person in front know they are getting passed and to warn any one they can not see. Other times they might honk to warn a turning car that they are coming fast and to wait until after they passed. They have speed "suggestions" but they are almost never followed unless the vehicle is old and probably can only go that speed safely. The only time people get pissed is if a slow car does not allow the fast one to pass on narrow roads. It is because it is rare that people (like my dad) get pissed.

Tags: