1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mirror's Edge system requirements detailed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Sep 2008.

1. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

9/10

;)
    Seriously, the 15 min level I got to play ant nVision was fecking awesome fun. It's way easier to maintain speed with a mouse to aim than it is on the console.

2. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

based on that, i am going to go pre order for pc.
    if its rubbish i shall hold you personally responsible hugo ;)

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

what's the controls like? Ctrl duck, Space jump, how do we do wall walk and swin on poles?

the last platform action game on PC i tryed was Tomb Raider, and control sucked

4. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

just remap all the buttons to a comfortable spot on the keyboard. thats what i do for EVERY game on pc since my fingers are too big for typical "WASD" configs.

5. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

will be getting hold of this indeed... on the PC

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Joe,
    Looking closely, the game's environments have rather simple surfaces--you can thank the functional simplicity of our architecture for that. Lots of flat walls, ramps, windows, boxes--typical platformer criteria-- but there are a few clever tricks here and there. There doesn't seem to be any high-resolution material (shaders, textures, sprites), either, since moving through the game looks a little too fast for them to play their role. Hard edges in the environment--such as shacks, crates, and buildings--are subdued with mute, drab colours and unobvious texture edges. I think the game's real visual asset is their lighting engine, which makes a drab storage room into a real eye-popping scene using only light-on-material properties and just low-res shadows. I think it's brilliant that the game claims to run on such dated components, but there's real cleverness behind their visual effects to make it a reality.

7. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

since when do we ever worry about that? higher system requirements => an excuse to upgrade => improved e-peen

Tags: Add Tags