1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Temporary name: Bloo Balls --6-29-'11 Bloo 2.0 refit COMPLETED page 47

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 3 Jun 2007.

1. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

just cheacked modding section :D and congratz cheapskate on the article :D job will done :D

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Hey, WB Tale Gunner!

As for de-carbonizing engine parts, i remember there was supposed to be a way to do it easily, but i think it was supposed to be smelly & a little toxic. It was something like diesel fuel mixed with something else, and you let the parts soak in a bath of the mix for hours or overnight maybe, and then it all goes soft and comes off easily with a brush, or something like that.
    I'm a little vague on the details in case you haven't noticed, and no, i haven't tried it so it's not like i was affected by the fumes or anything, just been a while since i heard of it.

And congrats on the article! Hope they gave ya some royalties for it.

3. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Just read the blueballs story in modding.,
    Congrats on the story and the monumental effort that
    went into this project. I have to tell you that your commentary
    is entertaining at worst and sidesplitting at best, always enjoy
    your comments in other posts as well. :)

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Hey! Thanks everyone! Now I can watch BSG destroy my chances for Mod of the Year. I wonder if I'll be 'not last' this time?
    @Mvagusta - I soaked it for a week in varsol and carb cleaner. -it was still a pain.
    I think Da Dego gets dibs on royalties. He had to do some serious editing to make what I wrote coherent. :hehe:-royalties on the internet.:hehe:

It's funny that the case was in a million bits when the article got posted...
    [​IMG]
    Pulling the WB involved draining the loop, pulling the PSU(it needed cleaning up from the leak anyway,) and removing the radiator.
    [​IMG]
    EEW! You can see the dark spots from leaving the barbs uncovered back when I switched motherboards. I should have cleaned and resealed it back then. The dark then creeped to the UV lights to the right, and caused the seal to fail. The air bubbles didn't help much either. You can see water got into the bottom mounting hole.
    [​IMG]
    -Here's where I'm at now. I switched to Permatex Ultra Blue for the seal. I squished the seal down a little tighter than I wanted. Water can't pass as easily under the maze walls this time, so my chip temp is up 1 degree from normal. I'm still only topping out at 96 degreesF. :D

My failure was NOT brought to you by my kind sponsor. They know how to use gaskets properly.;)
    [​IMG]

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Looks much better.

6. skullen

skullen Minimodder

It does look good :thumb:

7. Cheapskate

Thanks, It just looks clean again to me.:hehe:
    I put the side back on and I'm back to 95 degrees F. ? weird. At least I know it's seated right.

8. dd123pp

dd123pp Watercooler

Wow, well done mate this case is brilliant!

9. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Damn! I forgot about your stuff!!! Damn it! I will do it today when I go to the studio. Why didnt you remind me maaaaaaaan!

10. Teyber

Teyber ******

11. 7755matt

7755matt What's a Dremel?

looks pretty sweet with the copper piping in

12. Cheapskate

Thanks.:D
    @Tribal - What? I figured you were just busy.:hehe:
    @Teyber - Fortunately I can't even get the pump primed without the loop closed.
    (OT)The new expansion bottle made bleeding a breeze. I could flush air out of the line by pumping the little bottle. It helped with topping off too. I could fill it with coolant, squeeze the water into the reservoir, then it would suck in the air at the top or the res.

13. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Cheaps,
    PM me and I'll send you a mini-ITX Via board with a C7. You can play with it and try to figure a block for it. Danger Den says send measurements. I'll send you a whole board - I have a BUNCH that I got it a long deal for some of my stuff. Build me a C7 block! I have a C7 running in a Cooler Master ATCS and need to H2O it, it's not mini-ITX but still C7.

John
    PS: Tribal - if you want one - same deal PM me with an address and it's yours!

14. Cheapskate

@John - PM'd

15. tribaloverkill

@ jhnlon303 - Thanks dude, but I dont really have time to play around with that. cheapy will hook you up with a C7:) I have to keep perfecting these reservoirs.

16. jhanlon303

What do you suggest for a res for a Cooler Master HTPC - the ATCS flavor? The plan is a 40mm X 2 rad. My swan song for a loooooong term friend. I could "maybe go with a 80mm X 2. Not a lot of room despite its' size. Poorly laid out.

John

Last edited: 3 Sep 2008
  17. tribaloverkill

I dont know, a nice res? LOL.

18. Cheapskate

@John - I thought you had the c7 in a case with another system. (?)
    I'd go with whatever is...(wait for it)... cheapest. Although you could probably put an 80X1 over the power supply intake and run it fanless. A super tiny aquarium pump would make it nearly silent.
    -Oh! just remembered... laptop powersupply for these... It would be nice if you could set it up so the escaping heat pulled air over the radiator. (I'm rambling with direct keyboard output from my brain right now...) I guess if you mounted an 80X2 on the back outside, it could run passive with little worries. (I'll have to experiment with it.) That would leave only the noise from the hardrive to deal with.
    Can you tell I LOVE the idea of a dead silent system?

19. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Who doesn't love a dead silent system? ;)

@ John: If you wanted an off-the-shelf rad solution, I'd go with a Swifty Micro-res or something. Cheap and reliable. What exact kind of room do you have in the case? Any little niches you could tuck something into, or did you have a specific place you wanted to drop it into?

20. jhanlon303

Well .... I never gave the case much thought. I have the Cooler Master ATCS HTPC case the MB is in right now running gOS and streaming video, The Rocketfish Lian-Li currently has my old P4 EE MATX board, the Microfly is empty (gratefully), 2 G5 cases, and Sacrilege but it isn't big enuf for H2O cooling. I'll do the H2O thing and then pick a case. How about a mini-ITX in a Centurian? There's one around here somewhere still in the box.

John