1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web-Based OS Project (Beta)

Discussion in 'General' started by Jasio, 30 Aug 2008.

1. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Signed up under same name as here - looks interesting

Joe

2. z4114

z4114 FACE!

I've signed up as my forum name. I wonder if it would work using Opera Mini on my mobile.

3. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

While the main OS is accessible via http://my.evoos.net ... there is a dedicated web-based version at http://my.evoos.net/mobile ... but if you have a large screen, and have a Symbian or similar phone, you can just use the regular login, eyeOS is compatible with most browsers, and most platforms.

4. z4114

z4114 FACE!

Good to know.

<posted from eyeNavigator>

5. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Tried logging in to the main one on a P1i with Opera Mini.

Can't post a screenshot, but it only shows the password and language boxes, with a little bit of the login button highlighted at the right hand side.

the mobile version seems to be fine.

Heh:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Sep 2008
  6. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Heh, nice screenshot :p As far as Opera Mini goes... I've been reading up on their site and they aren't too clear (at least from the FAQ/Features) about the extent of Mini's XML/Javascript (AJAX) and/or Flash support. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can find more information on it.

Thanks.

Nobody has been using the Evoos forums though =/ I'd like to hear some comments/suggestions heh... ya know, to make it better :eyebrow:

7. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

signed up, awaiting email.

8. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Yeap I got to it... it seems that for every post made here, there's 5-6 apps coming in so it takes me a bit of time to set things up... I also tend to enjoy sleeping which may delay the setup :thumb:

I've only posted on Bit-Tech about this project, and the amount of sign-ups is pretty good I think.

9. Drastik

Drastik Minimodder

i tried 2 more times on a diff comp, i waited a while to make sure it all loaded but i still dont have the text boxes

10. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

cheers jasio, playing with it now :)

11. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Which browser are you using (including version)? And which theme are you using (default or something else?). I'll try and track the issue down and see if I can replicate it.

12. Drastik

Drastik Minimodder

it was ie(damn websense crap at work wont let me download firefox) not sure what version, ill have to look when i get to work tomorrow...i think it was ie7 since it had tabbed browsing...i will try firefox in a sec...i need to login to my email and find my pass