1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA to stick with SecuROM for Red Alert 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Sep 2008.

1. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Steam works

2. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

oh hey, look, another DRM'ed game I won't buy! ..... yay :(

3. PhoneyVirus

PhoneyVirus *_*

Your right, if there going to have it on steam. Because of this DRM I never got Bioshock but after seeing it on steam i was going to get it but my PC got to be Upgraded bad from a P4 an AGP 7800GS HELP !!!

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

same here i did not get bioshock (did not even bother to download the DRM cracked installer free ver )

i never buy games that will not start if demon tools or other disk loading tools are on the pc (Securom is anoying on that one if the option has been turnd on as not all Securom protected games are the same some Securom games are just there to make sure the disk is in the drive, but as long as i can NoCd the game like c&c 3 T wars i buy them)

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

What about Crysis Warhead?
    Any news regarding the DRM?

6. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Well I have been very excited over Read Alert 3 for some time now and with about a month or two till release I have been getting more and more on the edge of my seat. Well unfortunately it looks like I will not be buying Read Alert 3... why you may ask. For the same reason I do not have bio shock or mass effect, SecuROM. I have a lot of other programs on my pc and I am not having some bs tell me what I can and can not run on my dame computer. On top of that I am not bending over backwords for some half ass anti pirate tech that does not even stop them! Hell I would pay $100 for a dam pirated copy just so I could play the thing without any problems. Aslo limiting my installs is totall bs. I have a lot of computers for when I do different **** and I also formatt and move **** all the time this is BS and they have ruined all my excitement for this game

7. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

I might just be strange but I really don't like cheap tarts in party outfits.

8. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I've not played any of the games with draconian-mode securom to date (though bioshock is as much down to knowing my graphics card isn't up to it now as anything else since they eased off) and certainly won't be rushing out to spend £30 on this one with more of the same.

9. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Wow, they actually made a command and conquer game I won't even consider buying. I love the series and I own all of them besides Kane's Wrath, Renegade and the expansion to Generals. I'm really sad that I'm not going to get to play this, but I'm not going to support the use of SecuROM. If they want to treat people like they expect everyone to be a pirate, they can go ahead as long as it doesn't get in my way I'll deal with it. Sadly, SecuROM does and therefore I'm not going be bothered to purchase this game.

10. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

Copy protection is fine. I respect that. DRM however is a completele different beast and has to be tackled in a different manner. It installs system drivers on your machine. Sine when does a game need system drivers installed to run? I don't want no friggin system drivers installed on my computer without my consent. It's my computer. The day EA buys me the computer for playing their game I will agree with all the DRM they can cook up. I'm not spending time and money getting a decent gaming computer only for some rotten game developer/publisher to mess it up again.

You can't fight disrespect for property with disrespect for property! That's called a war. And is EA in war with us?

11. Nature

Nature Minimodder

We'll still get 1$ copies in china :D

12. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

The only winner in all of this is Sony, everytime EA continue to use their product. Kaa-ching!

13. quack

quack Minimodder

Are you seriously calling Gina Carano a cheap tart? She'd kick your ass in a second!! She is an undefeated MMA fighter you know. ;)

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

After my encounter with Spore, I've come to the conclusion that I simply don't give a **** anymore.

If it fails to work THEN I might give a ****, but until then? Not gonna happen.

Especially considering I haven't needed to put the CD in for Spore, aside from to install it.

15. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

the girl in the pic....she looks very skanky

16. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

yeah, what about crysis warhead? i'm concerned as well, any news?

17. 5hadow

5hadow What's a Dremel?

The way EA is going about this I would not be surprised if Warhead came with DRM too :sigh:

Last edited: 11 Sep 2008
  18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well, original Crysis had activation DRM, so this one probably also has it.

19. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Crysis has activations? :eyebrow:

I just accomplished to install and play Crysis in Vista with the router turned off.
    My Vista never had Crysis installed before and without internet connection how did Crysis activated itself?

20. impar

impar Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags