1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Battlestar Galactica Mod: Complete!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Boddaker, 27 Mar 2007.

1. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Wait, Bod didn't win 1st place?

Now thats just retarded...

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

-And what's with the big gaping hole in the front of #1? It's even exposing an unfinished cd drive!
    I assume what they lost in (store-bought-)mod appeal they made up for with chapped lips.

3. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Oh my god, that ugly thing winning 1st place is aggravating. Greensabbath, Bod, Craig, and a good portion of the other mods that were pictured are ALL better. The 1st place one looks unfinished.

4. Frido

Frido Minimodder

I liked the radioactive one really much - I'd like to dust up a worklog on that one!
    It must have been a hell of a job for the judges to find the rightful winner on that one, I'm glad I wasn't one of the judges. (Danger of repression etc.)

But yeah, I can't fathom that Bod wasn't the winner - but again, I wasn't there so..
    Nice prizes there Bod, send the gfx my way, will ya? ;)

/Frido

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I would like to know exactly how the points were awarded because that's a farce!

What modification was present on the 1st place winners case?

1. Water cooling.....Oh yeah nobody does that anymore!
    2. Custom paint....horrible colour
    3. Window decal...eh seriously!

Someone need's to be held accountable because that's wrong, wrong....WRONG!

6. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

first place in that contest is nasty.... and number two thats rogue from here thats a good mod in my eyes it should have been you 1st then greensabbaths then rogue that would have been better but that first place is the lousiest one out of all of those pictured there!

Josh

7. THRASHER2

THRASHER2 Pimpin' Deals 24/7

Congrats to all the Winner of the Contest :clap:

Boddaker it was great to meet you in person and check out your Mod up close :rock:

8. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

You know, if i got 3rd place in a comp, won some good prizes, then had a heap of outraged people complaining that i didn't come first, and all with an unfinished mod painted in primer, i'd be pretty happy with myself i think :hehe:

Having said that tho, BSG still definitely deserved 1st place, as all the screws look like they've all been tightened down uniformly.

9. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks lol.

It's not primer anymore. I painted everything in a matte silver, then went over and detailed the armor panels with different shades of gray to break up the uniformity. About the only thing I didn't have time to do was the weathering. So with the exception of that and a few final details, this mod is as done as its going to get!

I will be getting some studio shots of the case this week, so you will be able to see the detail much better than those other pics taken in crappy lighting at the show.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Wow, tough luck, Bod! I'm glad to see the judges at least saw the beauty that is in this mod, as well as the others. They all belonged there, that's for sure!

But damn, guys...ragging on others' mods isn't cool. Seriously. They were all there for a reason. Even if that involves a payoff by Petra... *cough*#1*cough* :hehe: I'm kidding!

And I hate to sound like a broken record....aesthetics are a personal thing. Paint, etc. All relative to the person viewing the mod, and to the person to performed the mod. Believe me, I know, lol. BBW was apparently ugly to many, and I still don't hear the end of that! :hehe:

11. Boddaker

THanks E.E.L. :D Yeah, the judges must have seen something in the first place winner. It's just hard to see what they saw with only one pic taken in bad lighting! lol and nobody can find any other pics or history of that mod anywhere. Not even a worklog. I was there and got to see it and it is a very clean mod. Although I didn't get up close and personal like the judges did. I guess we will just have to wait til that issue of CPU comes out to see more of it.

12. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

After seeing this in person, and rereading a part of this log, you've inspired me to try and make use of something from QKits for my next mod...

So, any ideas for the next project? :D

13. Boddaker

DL.TV has a good episode covering Nvision08 with a 2 minute feature on some of the case mods there, including the TF2, Spinner, and BSG! :D

Check it out here.

(and if you look behind the TF2, you can catch a glimpse of the contest winner. :p )

14. Boddaker

Well, I'm already noodling on something for next year. It won't be near as complex as BSG, but I will be stepping up in other areas. :naughty:

15. Boddaker

Ok, for all of you who were waiting for a blast door video, I have sad news. I had to scrap the blast door idea. However, I didn't give up! I took a step back, regrouped, made more changes to the rollers, and made an airlock door instead. :) Mind you, it's not without its flaws. It still produces inconsistent movement and I'm not 100% confident in its operation, which is why I didn't mention it to the judges at Nvision. But it works!

Here's a video I made detailing the DVD drive and the airlock. Enjoy!

:cooldude:

16. Ashaman

Ashaman M'hael

:jawdrop: I didn't know that the sign in the front had the DVD-drive behind it until now!
    Thats so sweet man! Looks brilliant and difficult to make!

Your mod is absolutely an inspiration, really well made and lots of nice tuches all over!

:clap:

17. vaderag

vaderag I know what a Dremel is...

Dude, that is amazing! I just wish i had the skills to pull off a mod like this!

18. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

After seeing that video I have NO idea why you didn't get first place. It looks great mate.

19. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Thats been the reaction around the community. The amount of detail work and special effects packed into this case is :jawdrop:

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

God thats awesome.

Tags: