1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China decides to oppress Muslims...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by modgodtanvir, 10 Sep 2008.

1. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

:sigh:
    From what I hear from a number of sources, the Chinese have effected a ban in these regions, on all things Islamic. Women can't wear veils, men can't have beards and children aren't allowed to be Muslim, at least until they are 18 - they are banned from fasting and you cannot teach them about Islam. And apparently, Muslims must open their restaurants, even when fasting...

How come I haven't heard of this matter before and how come there doesn't appear to be any action being taken? I'm sure it disobeys Human Rights laws... especially since it stops Muslims from practising their faith...

EDIT: Al Jazeera also tells me that children may not enter a mosque and Muslims may not call to prayer...

Last edited: 10 Sep 2008
  2. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Uhm, it's China?

3. Major

Major Guest

:thumb:

4. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

Whose going to take action? China has been oppressing it's Muslim Uighurs just as badly as its Tibetans for a long time now. This is not exactly new.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

China is not a seccular country, officially it's aethiest and does not condone any religion - even traditional Taoism or Buddhism (but obviously that's harder to suppress).

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I think i would get banned for saying what i was going to, all i can say is gillette are going to make a bomb in profits!

7. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

fixed.

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i did think of that, but its a tad to direct, better let the joke slowly click.

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm really torn on this issue. On the one hand, bad china, oppressing people's right to choose their own religion etc. etc. - I dislike chinese autocracy as much as the other chap. But on the other hand, they're banning people from wasting their time worrying about an invisible sky-man who plays tricks on us. They're making stupid beliefs illegal, which appeals to me on many levels in a big way.

I'm very undecided about whether this is good or bad.

10. koola

koola Minimodder

China is a new super power, no one wants the responsibility of saying no-no china.

I'm all in favor for banning religion, the world would be a better place for it.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

he who plays with fire...

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

No better nation to serve up this type of ********. As we, Canadians, always see: Fabrique au Chine

13. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I don't think this guy will have any problem with China's rules, as he's obviously not interested in being free.
    [​IMG]

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

It's not that no nation wants the responsability of saying no to china, it's that no nation has a right to tell china not to do the stuff they're doing.

15. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

*responsibility

Incorrect spelling is not allowed either!

And you've used no & not like 20 times in the one sentence, i'm pretty sure bad grammar is banned aswell :nono:

16. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

What I don't understand is why now?

Islam has been in China since 650's.

17. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Could it be because they blew some stuff up during the Olympic games? hmmmmm?

18. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Why not now tbh.

19. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

China is a communist country. Anything that threatens the regimen will naturally be banned within it's boarders.

They've probably been watching world news and have become worried about just how much airtime 'Islamic terrorists/fundamentalists/et al' have been receiving.

20. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Exactly, it will be an interesting turn of events to see if Terrorists now attack China based on this, and if they do, if China retaliates.

It will also be interesting to see if the rest of the world watches and then we see this practice repeated in other nations?

All this talk on 9/11 as well, ironic.