1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Got SPORE? I Have

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by veryevil, 4 Sep 2008.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

despite what I said about not buying the game, I did. Does anyone else have the problem where all the planets have massive trenches on them? its clearly a bug and I've seen one other person with it but no one has put up a solution.

edit:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Sep 2008
  2. Major

Major Guest

It's love + hate at the moment for me.

First few stages were pretty good, then start of tribal stage sucked, then I understood it and loved it, then came civilisation, again, the start of it sucked, then I loved it after a while. Now it's exactly the same with the Space section, I hated it for a good few hours, but now, I cant get enough of it, very weird.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I got it for my birthday from the mrs. Yet to try it.

4. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I don't think that's a bug, some of the planets are supposed to have been manufactured or sculpted, you'll run into planets with gearwheel mountains and things like that too.

Moriquendi

5. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Just got it. I really hated the first stage. Just really frustrating as the controls were crap. But I have liked the creature and tribal stages. I started off doing pretty well on the civ stage, but then I tried taking over a city, lossed all my troops and had no money, thankfully my ally saved me. But now the problem is that my ally has conquered the rest of the planet and I'm land locked. Only thing I can see to do is die and start over.

6. chrisb2e9

I'm pretty sure it is though, in the first game that I played, I had to quit because my tribe's village was next to one of the trenches. and it prevented them from getting food so everyone starved.
    Its not a huge deal now that I am in the space stage but every planet in all three games I have tried look like that. If it was just the odd planet then I wouldn't even think twice about it.
    One time I found an area that looked normal, dropped an atmospheric increasing tool and the "trenches" appeared in the form of a grid over the entire planet. That just doesn't seam right. I even did a reinstall and its still going on.
    Oh well, maybe once more people start playing it will happen to more people and maybe EA will address it in a patch.

haha, oh I kid myself sometimes.

7. Major

Major Guest

Space is fricken huge! Jeez.

One thing I don't know what to do about is the rare things I have collected, I have 2, worth 67000 each, do I just sell them or keep them?

8. chrisb2e9

i've been selling mine. I need the room when I terraform planets.

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Look what my brother made:

[​IMG]
    :duh::hehe:
    Video

10. chrisb2e9

hahaha, thats awsome. Quick, someone make sponge bob!

11. Major

Major Guest

I have 7 now, and have read that you can drop them off at your home, and they wont dissapear.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah you can drop them off in a colony I think and it makes them happier or something.

I always sold mine. However, my hard drive died so I guess I'm gonna have to start over. I found I got loads more money from blue spice anyway, used to sell them for about 20k a unit.

13. chrisb2e9

lol, maybe I should pay more attention to the game then. oh well.

14. Major

Major Guest

Jeez...

I found Grox and made friends with them, then asked for a mission, got the mission, and as I'm trying to get what they want, they bloody kill me., idiots. :)

15. chrisb2e9

wow I hate the space stage. You can't get anything done without a planet being attacked, or some kind of disaster requiring your attention. I wouldn't mind playing a sandbox mode where I can just play the game but its too demanding. Maybe i'm not playing it right.

16. Major

Major Guest

What do countries do when they get attacked?

They attack back...

So, kill the empire(s) that is attacking you and you won't get attacked anymore, you also get rewarded for the disasters.

17. chrisb2e9

I found a mod that allows you to lower the time between events. The guy who made it says that when the patch comes out EA is going to do the same thing because of the number of people complaining about it.

18. Major

Major Guest

It's people not understanding the game enough, there is a learning curve on this game that some people don't like, and well, that's their problem.

Guess what, I've just unlocked Uber Turret, 50000 HP, it flies around your planet and kills anything that invades. But I don't need it because I killed off the only remaining empire against me, and now I'm just about to start another war, so I'll expect more attacks.

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The problem comes when you have wars with loads of empires, I had to take 3 trips to capture the capital city of one empire because I kept getting attacked by other ones. It seems every other empire has a ton of ships but yours only has you for some reason, it would be nice if they could actually defend themselves a bit without having to buy expensive equipment.

20. Major

Major Guest

I have 3 ships and myself from the Empires I have alliances with. And they have pretty much owned every ship I have come across... until yesterday.

DickmanDo Empire, created by myself in the Creature Creator, each ship is nearly 2000 HP, and kills my ships in 10 - 20 seconds. I kinda regret making a war with them, but they were *******s. :D

Tags: