1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the Scan area of the forums?

Discussion in 'General' started by [PUNK] crompers, 15 Sep 2008.

1. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

I just ordered something last night and still got free delivery, it's so nice ordering £35 worth of goods and not having to pay close to £45. I think we should find another online PC retailer to abuse :naughty:

2. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Do it with Ebuyer instead!

Ninja Edit: I mean organise a free delivery thing with them. :)

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Ebuyer have free del on £50+ anyway

4. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

50 quid is steep though isnt it. Personally I hope Play.com start stocking more components as the price you see is price you pay

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It's not too bad, couple of HDDs. Scans was £20 exc vat.

Tbh, I don't mind at all :)

6. koola

koola Minimodder

Can't say I'm sorry to see them leave as the support wasn't great imo. Ebuyer is deffo the best in the UK atm in terms of service and after sales support from my experience.

7. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

It worked for me yesterday afternoon, might have just snuck in! Score.

But after the experiences I've been having with Scan lately, it might be the last time I use them for a while.It's a shame ebuyer doesn't have the range of products scan does.

I still haven't got the confidence in OCUK to use them again either.

8. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I vote for tekheads, courier free delivery options Cheesecake.

9. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Overclockers seem okay, bought an SSD from them yesterday, but then never had to RMA anything through them.

Ebuyer, I've had so many problems with them. To be fair, it was a while ago, but RMAing DOA equipment or sending stuff back (receiving other people's orders instead of mine) took a full month to get a response via the enotes system at a time when they had no telephone number listed.

10. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Shame really, hopefully for those of us that already have free shipping unlocked, it will continue to be so.
    As for Scan on the forums, tbh, its no big loss, unfortunately they never seemed to be active or reply to posts, which I know did not impress a lot of people.

11. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Can't say I really miss them in the forum, they never seemed to answer any queries, and if you had a technical query with an order it was much, much quicker to call them, or go to hexus if you really wanted to use a forum to talk to them.

12. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Well thats odd, free delivery wasn't showing yesterday on my account but now is...

Ah well, this makes me a happy bunny again :lol:

13. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

The real problem I had with Scan was their stock levels. Too many times I've ordered stuff that showed in stock on the website, only to be told a day later that actually the item wasn't actually in stock. Their reasoning as to why this happened time and again didn't really wash either - I mean, other e-tailers get it right, why can't Scan?

Other than that, their actual range of stock is virtually unrivalled, and they do seem to get new stuff in quicker than a lot of other online shops.

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Scan are great imo. However I will start shopping around if they aren't doing their free delivery. Free delivery with citylink was what always made scan worthwhile to me, because they were the only shop where I could actually order something on a monday, and recieve it on a tuesday, for free. Most delivery companies takes days to get this far north, and some places actually charge extra for the privilege because I live in a "remote" area :|

15. NaNeil

NaNeil What's a Dremel?

Scan.. Only reason I ever bought from them was the free delivery made it so cheap.

On every single one of my orders, their joke of a stock control system has been wrong and messed me about. Their support wasn't exactly great when it came to putting it right either...

16. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Previous to this I would have said that their support has been brilliant, but the last time they replaced my year old striker with a b-grade board that didn't work and was missing bits. Not at all impressed, the replacement replacement should be with me this week so we'll see what that's like, I'm not confident though.

17. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Ebuyer free delivery you can't specify a date though, fine if someone will always be in or you can get delivered to work, not so good for the rest like myself who have to take a day off and sit at home.

18. Major

Major Guest

I love Scan, have had great service from them.

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Does this mean Bit will be pairing up with Ebuyer? :D LOL

I use them alot and free shipping for ALL orders for us would be sweet :D

20. Matticus

Matticus ...

Special tech have always been awesome for me, they seem to be the cheapest on fans and modding bits.

Apart from OCUK I have never had any problems with any shops really, so I think it might be just luck of the draw who rules and who drools.