1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows spore. what do you think

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by flare, 17 Sep 2008.

1. flare

flare What's a Dremel?

Lo all,

just wondering if what everyone thinks of this game. Is it really revolutionry or just a good idea.

I have yet to buy the game so anyone with the game would you suggest it??

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I think they failed to deliver, game turned out to be 5 repetitive mini games, the last being a real yawnfest.

It was a good idea, watch the videos on google video and it all looks and sounds amazing, what they produced though doesn't live up to that/it's missing bits.

4. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

it has no pvp element it could have been so much more all they had to do was make the space section pvp for crying out loud basically all they have done is take 5 other games and just changed the graphics and rammed them together as one game after taking out all the good bits.

Stage one = Sim Life

Stage Two = Pacman (the other creatures being the dots, The dna being the
    power-ups)

Stage three = The Sims

Stage Four = Age of Empires

Stage Five = Elite or Eve

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

The novelty wears off REALLY fast.

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

It saddens me it didn't turn out better.

7. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

It's heavily disappointing.. One playthrough and that's it.. it's boring and lame for me, because it's always the same exact thing over and over.. Re-making buildings and vehicles is just too tedious to even bother doing more than once.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Pretty much this, it's a shame Will Wrights magnum opus was a bit meh, it's definitely a shame that he's making statements like he'd rather have the sales of the sims than HL2. He's effectively saying he only cares about sales, maybe EA were pulling some of their puppet strings.

9. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

We've known about and anticipated Spore for over TWO YEARS now.

I am most severely disappointed by all the reviews, and am a bit POed that we waited all this time for a game that fails to deliver. imho it looks like they watered it down to attain maximum profit.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

And as Yatzee said, I doubt it will be as popular as the Sims/Sims 2. What people liked about the sims was you were controlling people, you could be a ******* or nice to people, make them wet themselves, lock them in a room. In this it's just a cute (sometimes) blob of pixels in a game that is simpler than the sims.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Indeed... Didn't they say at one point that the game would learn your style of houses and stuff and automatically generate content based around that? I vaguely recall that.. will have to dig through youtube.

12. Major

Major Guest

It's a game that needs time, and you really have to learn and understand the game, otherwise it will be pants to the player.

Right now, I've just allied with some huge empire (I was going to attack them, but they are just too strong).

13. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

there was lots of stuff said that we didn't get. B&W 2 all over again.

14. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

15. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I read a review the other day that said creature anatomy evolution doesn't do anything. The review said that a one legged creature and an eight legged creature could run at the same speed.

16. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

yeah thats true. its not the impression i had years ago when I first heard about the game. I thought that the game would look at the body of the creature and use that to determine how it moved and its speed, agility. Apparently I was wrong as was pointed out in another thread. Its kind of stupid how just the feet determine how fast a creature is or if it can jump and what not based entirely on a stat.

Tags: