1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Owns You!

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 26 Sep 2008.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

OK, The point of this thread is too feel good about yourself! Post what you are proud of, post your accomplishments, post your pride!

I am a dispatcher at a gas plant, I am responsible for the lives of everyone who works there, I have a commercial pilot license and I am certified by transport Canada as a safety officer. I have graduated college twice and I am proud to have won the most deserving student award at the Moncton Flight College in Moncton New Brunswick. I am 27 years old and no one owns me. I am in charge of my own life, I grow every day, and no one can beat me when I put my mind to it. I am CANADIAN and I am proud of it!!!! I am an amazing example of humanity. I care about the people I work with and I will do whatever I can to protect ever person that I can.
    I am proud to be who I am and no one can take that from me!!!!

Post who you are, Post who you are proud to be!
    No negative comments are allowed in this thread, only positive things are allowed, Lets build each other up to be the best that we can be!!!!!

Come on Bit-Tech lets see who is out there!!!!

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I am glad to see you're feeling good again after the down period you had a few months ago

to be honest it's not really easy to do this but i'll try

I am proud of being, I believe, more intelligent than the average joe. I know how to live in a society and how not to be an asshole to anyone. I very rarely get in trouble because I always think before doing anything

I am proud of how I am improving myself on so many levels and how I got better in the last year. I now have a steady job, a cool car which I love, and I do better at college. I am also starting the gym in a week or two and plan to fix that body of mine :)

and the stupidest of all : I am proud of what I did in UT99 many years ago. I loved to be popular because of my ownage, it was amazing :D

I have been working on my self esteem a lot for the past 4-5 years and although it still needs a lot of work, it is getting better. Now all I need is to get rid of this "why-would-she-be-interested-in-a-guy-like-me" attitude and I should be fine :)

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

No one has said anything like that to me in a long time. Thank you. I mean that.

As for everyone else, Post What Makes You Great!!!!

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I lost a lot of money to my supervisors a few days ago playing pool after work. I beat one of those bosses at snooker today; I'll beat the rest of them on Sunday. I'll beat our CEO, the reigning champion, the Sunday after that.

Although I don't like to play (anything) anymore, I take pride in my inert talent of shooting and kill through walls on most occasions in Counter-Strike--it came at the cost of high-school education.

A bit of a talented driver. I can put almost any manual or automatic transmission cars slideways and recover therefrom in a controlled fashion (provided they are strong, stiff enough, or on an accommodatingly slippery road surface), especially being able to do so while conducting a fully conscious conversation with my passengers.

That's all for now. I'm going to bed.

Last edited: 26 Sep 2008
  5. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I am proud to have gotten into my first choice of colleges. I am proud to be the only freshmen in a high-level electronics class. I am proud of the fact that despite being a complete nerd, I have the social capacity to make friends and girlfriends.

Although as with Ghys, my self-esteem needs a bit of work, as I have that same mentality sometimes.

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm proud to be an Emergency Medical Technician. I'm proud to say that my work has, in a literal sense, saved lives. I'm proud to be able to help people and their famalies in the most difficult and frightening times of their lives. Even on the bad days I can almost always say that at least I made someone's life a little better.

I'm proud of the work I did as a volunteer firefighter for 5 years and as a Community Relations Field Officer with FEMA in 04 and 05. I'm hoping to return to firefighting soon.

I'm proud of the work I did in founding the Bellingham Railway Museum and getting it to the point of being a stable, sulf-sustaining, non-profit organization.

I'm proud of my skills in many forms of creativity; as a sewer, a jeweler and a photographer. I'm always hesitant to think of myself as an artist, but I know that I create beautiful things I can share with the world.

And finally, I'm proud to be an accomplished geek. I can build a computer from scratch, I can administer a network and I can be productive in both Windows and linux. I can figure it out, I can make it work, and I can get it done.

7. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

But other than that... :idea:

:naughty: :p

8. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

I can wee standing up.

9. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

+1

I'm proud of the fact that even though life has thrown me some real crap, losing 2 sisters and my grandad springs to mind, I'm still standing, and I've even managed to find someone that I think is "The One"

10. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Neo!?! sweeet:D

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm proud of my ability to have stuck through uni and to now be an IBMer. It really is kind of a big thing :p

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I work from home, and get paided a decent amount considering i am still a student (on placement year), I live with my girlfriend of 3 years, hey who knows might pop that question at some point!

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

She'll ask you for your wallet first :p

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

impressive

how old are you and how did you manage to find enough time to learn all this ?

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I'm proud to be what i would call a "competent" designer, its taken 3 long years of hard work, in foreign countries, now I'm going back to uni to finish off my Bsc. Also to help me keep my feet on the ground I'm an OK rhythm guitarist, I've just started doing jazz solo's and breakdowns.

16. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

Starting a new job on Monday. And getting a hefty increase in salary. And a possibility for better in the future.

Oh yeah, my personal life is pretty good, too. Engaged to the best person in the world, and all that. :thumb:

Last edited: 29 Sep 2008
  17. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

^ I did that a month ago, went from a workshop where I was apparently "too slow, had no knowledge of anything, was un-organised, lazy and disrespectful, to a workshop where everyone has praised me about how quick I am, my knowledge of equipment and tools, how I've organised things for efficiency and quickness, and how I respect the tools I work with, and took a 50% salary increase to boot. You will feel miles better about it, but always leave on good terms!

18. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Thank you for all you do and have done. I mean that ;)

I am proud to say that I am a caring person. I have and always will do the best I can within my power to help those around me, even if it comes from my own expense. I have a wonderful wife who I just married a couple months ago and have been together for 8 years, and will be together from here on.
    I do not have a college degree nor have I ever attended, but I am willing to learn. If there is something I want to learn how to do, I will, and have. I have a loving family that has always been the best one could wish for and I hope I can pass that kindess on to others as well.

19. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im proud to say that at the age of 24 im working for myself, and doing well at it. Im also proud that im going to be a daddy come april next year (fingers crossed no complications) and finally im proud of the fact that ive found a partner (holly) that accepts me for who i am and has stood by me through some tough times, Life really is working out for a change.

20. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'll be 30 next month.

The course to become an EMT is about 3 months and it was challenging, especially while working a crap job full time. Fortunatly, my fire dept paid for it and supported me getting through it, which helped.

I'm now working for a private ambulance service and while I love it, it does have it's downsides. I make less than $9 an hour and we normally work 24 hour shifts, though I've had some go as long as 84+ hours when other people called in sick.

The biggest issue here is that I'm at a career dead end until I move. The next step in my field is Paramedic, which is a two year course, but due to politics I can't even apply for the program. My girlfriend if slloking at going to law school and so moving up will probably have to wait until she gets accepted somewhere and we move. In the mean time, I'm hoping to move back to where I was living before and rejoin the fire department as a volunteer while staying with my current job.

The last "real" job I had before this one we worked 10 hour shifts 4 days a week, and had three days off. As soon as I got off work on Thursday I was already depressed because I knew I had to go back to work on Monday. I was totally unable to ejnoy life because I spent all my time hating my job.

Now I'm making a third less money, but doing something I love and it makes all the difference in the world.