1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant What has happened to dabs.com???

Discussion in 'General' started by Ransoman, 3 Oct 2008.

1. Ransoman

Ransoman What's a Dremel?

Ok, i do a lot of pc builds and repairs and almost all of my stock has come from dabs.com, particularly because they where cheap, cheap delivery and most importantly, anything i ordered before mid day would pretty much be guarenteed to arrive the next day (just because they where so efficient).

On monday i ordered a power supply for my dads computer and half way through the checkout i was given a new delivery system. Instead of just accepting the order and getting the goods as soon as possible, i now had to pick a delivery slot, each slot having a different price attaced to it. Seriously, WHAT the flirk? So now delivery is pretty much double the cost and 5 days later and still no sign of this powersupply!! My dads pc is broken now! i need the power supply now! Worse still, they haven't even sent me the delivery confirmation so i can't even track my order, may account only shows "complete".

Seriously not impressed and i will no longer be using Dabs.com ever again. They have just lost approx £2k annual business from me.

2. fev

fev Industry Fallout

the courier they normally use has been put into administration (again). So they've been forced to use another supplier. Are you sure that the delivery not arriving is their fault and not this new couriers?

PS. £2k annual business won't be missed, so they're not going to be crying into their pillows tonight.

3. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Delivery is going to get alot more expensive now because of the rising cost of fuel.

Give them a fair cop though, I mean, its not an easy task to implement an entirely new delivery system overnight and expect it to work 100%.

4. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Dunno, I've decided I hate dabs anyway.

I ordered a laptop from them and was sent an email asking confirm my address, another to confirm the order and a couple days after that an email saying the bank had authorised the sale but they would like me to send them a copy of my bank statement for security reasons. Well there's no chance of that, 1st of all I'm not sending a bank statement via unencrypted email to a person that I don't even know. 2nd, if the bank have approved the transaction then what the **** is the problem? So I told them there was no chance of that and got it elsewhere

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I found dabs went right down hill after the buy out by BT i went over to scan and ebuyer then.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I remeber about 10 years ago they had amazing service. I bought items from there all the time because if you had something that was DOA. They would send you another before you have even had a chance to post the DOA back. Now you got to wait weeks to get a replacement because they need the DOA one back to test and delay the process.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Dabs used to be my retailer of choice --my previous PC (a PII 266 named "Hosaka") was built from Dabs-bought parts. However lately their couriers have been crap. If you are not at home to receive, you end up having to go to the back and beyond to collect at some dodgy warehouse office... Switched to Scan since.

8. Mo_

Mo_ Did this world come by chance?

Due to the current climate (economy) - the word on the street is dabs have let a few poeple reduntent in each department, not sure how many though. This might be affecting their service.

Its already in the process. :(

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If you check everywhere hardware is getting much, much more expensive in the UK - mostly because of fuel costs. When we did this months buyers guide we expected stuff to go down enough to throw in 4GB of memory into the £450 system, but in actual fact some bits have gone up :(:( P45 mobos especially by about £10.

10. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I get a BT shareholder discount from Dabs/BT Shop but every time I've compared prices it's been cheaper to go elsewhere where I can get free delivery. Post & Packing is the killer on smaller orders.

eg, ordered some memory yesterday - Scan 'Today Only' price £27.01, free delivery. Dabs £24.83 after discount, but £5.99 delivery.

Tags: