1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you use your front I/O?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaveVader, 6 Oct 2008.

?

Which front IO ports do you use?

1. USB

103 vote(s)
    94.5%
  2. Firewire

14 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Headphone

41 vote(s)
    37.6%
  4. Microphone

19 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. None of them

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Only the USB is used, but only 3 of the 4 are linked onto the mobo. One of them has my bluetooth adapter permantly connected, but as it's sooo small, it's hidden.

Sam

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Umm, when I look at the front of my case, all I see is wood.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

4 x usb and 1 x esata.

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I have a headphone cable running to my desk with a USB cable. When I first got my case I used the front IO but when you used the front USB ports the sounds went all screwy, they were in a silly position which my ear buds couldn't reach (on the bottom of an on the floor computer) and then I shoved a fan there instead.

I use the front audio from an old HP computer for when I want my speakers plugged in at the back and still have my headphone extension on my desk. They are only AC97 but I can't tell the difference. They are on a short cable that hangs out the back :)

5. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I use the usb on my case, I choped the audio and firewire off and put toggle swiches for my case led's in there place :D

6. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

I use both the front USB ports on my Antec Three Hundred as one has a USB head set plugged into it permanently and the other is for my MP3, USB stick/ whatever else needs a temporary USB port. Luckily for my the ports are right at the top of the case so easy to access. That still doesn't mean the audio jacks get any love though

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I have one of these, for all my I/O/Shake-it-all-about-put needs.
    [​IMG]
    (Sharkoon PC Jump Start [2 usb, audio in/out and an external on/off button])
    I seldom touch my case except to tinker with my current setup (although that is actually quite often I spose:dremel:)

8. slugs

slugs Minimodder

i use usb's and sata normally

9. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Im currently using 1 USB for my mouse reciever dongle as it has connection issues in the rear ports for some reason (distance probably). The headphone and mic ports usually, although at the moment my headset is in the rear ports with the front headphone used for my real (micless) headphones. I dont use eSATA as I have no drive requirement and its not connected to the motherboard, the board also doesnt have a firewire header which is poo but then all I would use it for is my ipod which rarely sees any use these days.

10. DarkEditioN

DarkEditioN What's a Dremel?

I use USB port just for flash memory, and I use Headphones port often too...

11. Cupboard

That does look quite cool but I would have trouble paying for it when a load of messy cables does a similar job :D

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The front USB and the power button are the only case connections that I even bother connecting to the motherboard... I just don't use other front panel connectors or buttons/what have you.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

only use front USB when i don't have my powered-USB-hub connected. because the location of my case, putting a memory stick at front USB port of p182 will probably end up broken case and memory stick.

only use sound IO for additional headphones. would rather prefer use the back one.

don't even use the power button :D double mouse click to turn it on.

14. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I use the front USB and headphone sockets as my desktop is on the floor under my desk.

15. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

I use my front USBs very regularly for an external HDD, flash sticks, bluetooth etc and now for my new Wolf King Warrior Gaming Pad. Also used to use the front audio when I wanted headphones, although I have a pair of bluetooth headphones now so I use USB for them.

Never used firewire anywhere on my case.

16. Cupboard

how does that work?

17. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

set power on by USB in your BIOS. I do the same, mouse click or keyboard press.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

that if you have USB. it's one of the Power-On settings, not hard to find (if your motherboard has it)

Tags: