1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News StarCraft 2 to be split into a trilogy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 14 Oct 2008.

1. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i quite like the idea, as it means races are more extensively played as mp gaming limits unit use due to rush tactics and things so games are over in 30 mins. Whilst i dont agree with their time frame, the idea is good.

Jasio, is that pricing drawn from somewhere or are you spewing babble? I'd personally have thought that they'd price them alot lower.

peace

fatman

2. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

It will be worth it if the multiplayer is complete in the first one and the other two are $15 expansions.

Not that I would buy them if I had complete multiplayer. Of course, the two expansions will doubtless have unique units so anyone who doesn't buy them would either be unable to play with people who have the expansion or would just receive free superfluous anuses any time they tried to play someone with the expansion.

3. DuskBolter

DuskBolter What's a Dremel?

I was a big fan of Blizzard and am somewhat still, with SC2 being split up stating due to dev reasons (behind) in the above Kotaku article and costing seperately..it still hurts a bit. I have heard a nasty little rumor that Blizzard is talking about charging monthly to use battlenet (havnt confirmed), just rumors are surfacing about this.

If this happens, I will have no choice but to not to play SC2...as well as THQ / Relic release of Dawn of war 2 is right around the corner (which I was buying both anyway)..but it pushes me to favor them over Blizzard in what I call the top two companies for RTS.

It dissapoints me a bit that Blizzard split up, but I know it will still be a quality product ..

4. DuskBolter

DuskBolter What's a Dremel?

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

So what about custom games.. does this mean that for MP, the first few years, it'll only be Terran vs Terran?

Either way, if it's going to take 6 years to get the full campaign, then you know what, screw it. I'm not going to bother buying it nor even playing it.

By the time the final campaign is released, the game's engine will be heavily outdated.

6. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Bum clouds about the pricing. Is that dollars or pounds? They had better be long campaigns then. They better release the Zerg campaign first (blatantly not going to happen) before the engine is outdated and I lose interest. Although that never happened with Source.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i'm starting to get sick of waiting for them too.

screw it. i'll play diablo 2 instead.

8. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

I do like the idea that this will bring about a much more full campaign mode to each of the three races but it taking a few extra years to complete bs. Wtf are they doing in that time. They better all be like $20 each or every new one better have some "amazing" new feature that makes it worth my money. But hey they are talking about future $$ at this rate $50 could buy you a gallon of milk so it could end up being a good deal... All I can say is that if it ends up being a scam for money Korea might invade.

9. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

You can pre-order Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty for $49.99 at GameStop and EB-Games.

As far as the other packs? Blizzard made it clear that *each* campaign will have about the same number of missions (25-30).

So give me a good reason as to *why* they should charge $10 or $20 for the other games? Seriously folks. Stop living in "La La Land". This is Blizzard, the King of Gouging -- if WoW is any indicator -- then Starcraft II and its expansions will undoubtedly be priced at close-to/full retail price which is usually $50 here. How about WoW's expansions? They weren't $10 or $20... they weren't full size games on their own either, and yet that didn't stop Blizzard selling it at close to full retail price of a stand-alone game.

Spewing babble? Wake up boy. The dream is over.

10. hobbs

hobbs What's a Dremel?

They were also talking about making battle.net paid insted of free.

11. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

as long as each of the games is decently long, this sounds awesome to me! .. blizzard's games generally don't disappoint IMHO.

12. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Yeap, that's true. The argument by most users is against the pricing scheme -- not the content of the game. I'm sure the title will be excellent, as there haven't been any Blizzard titles that have disappointed.

Making Battle.net paid... that's something new to me. But I wouldn't be surprised really. Blizzard continues to make great titles -- they've just realized that they can demand exuberant amounts of money for their level of "quality".

13. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Episodic gaming hasn't exactly worked perfectly this far, but maybe Blizzard will get it right?

14. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

I don't care how much it costs, I just want it!

Good to see some full length single player action going on, it would have been easy for them just to focus on the multiplayer.

15. MajestiX

MajestiX What's a Dremel?

the reason behind blizzard greatness for games is the lore and taking advice from the user community.

they're just trying to give you the full story with out cut downs. It just seems like each story is an expansion. You will get access to all the races for multi player just you will only get 1 campaign at a time with more units as each campaign rolls out.

and if bnet becomes subscription, it'll be simple people will move onto khali or similar programs which was why bnet was created.

the only thing that bugs me about this is with every expansion blizzard makes everything you did previously was zilch screwed nada zero

16. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

I was really, really, really, excited for this game when they announced it but more and more I'm feeling genuinely disinterested. I wasn't really looking forward to the campaign all that much, multi-player was really what I was looking forward to this whole time. I'm not really excited about probably having to spend more than I normally would for just a small expansion to have the most up to date multiplayer build. Seeing as how I'm primarily a LAN gamer this more than likely will lead to me not wanting to spend much on future Blizzard products at all...

On the plus side though this means that maybe the first game will be released earlier than anticipated (so by any other company's standards... only a few months late). If Diablo III manages somehow to get released before Starcraft 2: 1 I'm going to be upset.

17. impar

impar Minimodder

18. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

19. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I'll buy one copy, pirate the other two.

20. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Does anyone think this is good?

Tags: Add Tags