1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LittleBigPlanet has global recall for Qur'an quote

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 17 Oct 2008.

1. Gh0stDrag0n

Gh0stDrag0n Unleash the Beast!

Don't forget the thousand or so steel balls and a hundred chuncks of "extremists/fundamentalist nutbag"

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

... and? I'd love to read jeremy clarksons view on this

3. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

This is bad news, I have cancelled my pre-order now, there are plenty of other games out on the original 24th release date though not to care. (wonder how many were made when the game went gold?)

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I really don't think they'll care too much about LBP, it's pretty small in comparison to other targets.

5. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Just sounds like random emo BS.

No need to be so over dramatic about it.

6. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

Incredible how ignorant some people are of the high regard the Qur'an is held in for Muslims. As has been already said (but obviously not read) the Qur'an and the Bible are not interchangeable and thought of in anything like the same way.

People blame religion for all the ills in this world but I think that unwillingness to understand the point of view of others is also a big problem. The whole "If you don't like it then **** you" attitude is also to blame.

7. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

i suppose its always nice to think about others, so for the sake of you not getting your game for a few days, a minority of people wont be offended. and IMHO, thats fair play.

but, in MOST other matters, UK has gone political correctness mad. but thats another story for another time.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Political correctness my ass, this is ****ing ridiculous!

SIGH.

9. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Or a damn good way to increase media coverage.

The Muslims are pretty strict about what you can do with the koran, why? it's to prevent having 564563456 different version of it like of the Bible.

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I can see custom levels being made that are quickly taken off.

11. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

So?

I believe it's wrong to give Peter Mandelson the best part of a million quid for being an imbecile, and that actually happened.

12. kennethsross

kennethsross What's a Dremel?

I wish society at large treated the Bible with a bit more respect. Problem is Christians don't tend to react to blasphemy in the same way as some Muslims do. They tend to just let it go, but maybe that shows how little they respect their own scriptures.

I guess it wasn't a wise thing to do in the first place (although I suspect the execs at Sony didn't know what the actual lyrics were saying). They're doing what they're doing to avoid causing upset, and possibly worse.

13. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

I hate this it just shows how the whole world is too worried about what a group of people will think about them!

Everyone should tolerate each other, you wont go through life without being offended at some point well.... GET OVER IT! it happens to everyone. the thing is that christians and atheists tolerate people that follow other religieons but they dont tolerate back as soon as we do something that slightly upsets them all hell is set loose!!!!!!!!! You dont see me complaining because millions of tv shows, films, songs etc take the piss out of geeks do you.

ARGH!!!!

14. Major

Major Guest

Guess what, I got tripped over today by some ****ing dog on my run, cut my hand up badly, elbow and knee, but it's was an ACCIDENT, and I didn't go off on one, I just got up, and starting running.

**** happens tbh, and if it's not intentional, then no need to get out your pram about it.

15. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

they didnt even have to patch it if they didnt want to, im sure peopel would be happy with a formal apology saying! " we are sorry about this it was honestly an accident etc... it wont happen again".

16. FatMikel

FatMikel Statistically not that fat...

The terrorists care, and that's all that matters.

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

bwuh? that's not what i was talking about. i was referring to its usage in other contexts.

the fact it has so many translations is a separate issue entirely, and one that, frankly, i'd tire of debating.

18. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

WHAT

THE

F**K.

Honestly. Why would anybody, be they fundamentalist Muslim, or Islamaphobic gamer be offended by this?

For those who haven't heard it yet:

And yes, it is a f**king awesome track, the sort of which I wish more games incorporated.

As a Muslim, I must say that I can't see why anybody would be offended by this track, and anybody who is deserves a bullet in the bell-end. The line lasts about 9 seconds, and is about 2 minutes into the track... and I must say a very random little sample, but nonetheless, blends in with the tracks surreal feel. It isn't even in quranic Arabic, and is heavily accented...

I think upon purchasing LBP, I shall look for a way to put this track back into the game...

EDIT: The PSN Names of the Plaintiffs are: Solid_08 and NSider. Leave them a nice message...

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

We're taught to forgive others. Not hold a grudge. :thumb:

20. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

agreed, the fact of the matter is a lot (not all) muslims wil react violently with this, I think this is what sony is trying to avoid, if a similar aspect of the da vinci code was created pertaining to muslims or islam, I think there would already been a global war,lol, its just sad that the same respect (err sort of, or fear,lol), isnt given to other religions as well.

Tags: Add Tags