1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Jeff's HTPC A.K.A the happy hippy

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tec_, 21 Jun 2008.

1. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

evercoat everglass?

tell me more please... this is the first I've heard of it. I wanted to play with bondo on a future mod, what makes this stuff better? easier to use, better looking, less toxic?

BTW- if you make it up to Oakland on your trip to Cali, you're welcome to drop me a line.

Oh yeah, and it's looking good! I like that fan and blowhole combo, can't wait to see it finished up.

2. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

You found the Evercoat! :thumb: Just a warning, it gets real dusty when you sand it. You should also invest in a filtered respirator or mask if you haven't already.

@ ModMinded, it's a fiberglass filler, it spreads easier, cures faster, and it's stronger than Bondo. It also has Kevlar strands in it, so it will flex if stressed, which is ideal for plastic bezels.

Bondo also shrinks as it cures, which can cause hair line cracks. The thicker the Bondo application, the worse the problem.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2008
  3. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Right on Bill, thanks for the answer/tips.
    /hijack

4. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

evrything bill said was right on. It was so much better to work with.

And I will be in the oakland area the rest of the week (wallnut creek) I'm driving up from salinas later today

Looks like it might be a week or two before I make it back home

Tags: