1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Tomb Raider: Underworld Hands-on Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Oct 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

nice, really looking forward to it.
    Thankfully I was in a "different place" when angel of darkness came out so I never got to experience it. But i loved anniversary and I got use to the wierd slow targeting after watching a few youtube video tutorials :D

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Looks like the same old same old to me.

4. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Sounds good, I really enjoyed legends (relatively short though it was) so I've been looking forward to them continueing the story they started there.

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Looking forward to this, I wish Crystal Dynamics would take a good look at Uncharted and rip off its combat system, a good mix of that and some good complex TR puzzles would be an awesome game, though I'm sure this will be great without it.

6. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

There's one thing i don't like in TR franchise, Even knowing its a game i feel really sorry to kill wild animals like the great felines, gorillas and such...

Can't they be something like bad guys?...

BTW... How about some thicker legs and booty? Why just Boobs?

7. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

8. Goty

Goty Minimodder

9. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

Looking at the title picture on the front page made me think "Tomb Raider- Underwire"

10. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Well she must be getting on a bit now!

11. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

I had quite a laugh when I imagined the hands-on preview with lara croft...Was it nice ?

12. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Are there any friendly animals in it that you don't have to shoot and can just watch?
    Or is Lara "RSPCA" Croft still trying to cause the extinction of every living animal in the world?!

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

There are no animals you have to kill, from what I saw.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

When are her boobs going to be reasonably proportioned to the rest of her?

Or do anatomy lessons cost too much?

15. danebramage

danebramage What's a Dremel?

Who except a bunch of indoctrinated schoolkids frets over Lara's bosom size or her alleged cruelty to digital carnivores? Next, we won't be able to enjoy Tomb Raider games because Lara is supposedly exploiting indigenous natives by intruding on their holy places or some other stupid ****. When is this insanity going to stop? Personally, I can't wait for the game. I want to explore some virtual ruins and shoot a few virtual tigers along the way. Is that alright with you zombies? Can your teachers' political agenda bend just thaaat much?

Don't bother answering. I really don't care. This game is going to rock and I'm going to enjoy it. :lol:

16. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I'm really looking forward to this game. The first two Tomb Raider games were among the first 3D games I ever played, and they've kinda stuck with me. Although most of the other original games were terrible, I really enjoyed Legend and Anniversary, finding them to be a lot of fun despite a few flaws. The changes they've made this time around worry me slightly, because I'm hoping the realism hasn't pushed aside some of the things I liked about the most recent two. Still, I'm optimistic, and I look forward to trying them out.

Hopefully they've done something about camera controls on the consoles, though. On PC, with the camera bound to your mouse, the game plays very well. On the consoles, though, the camera has a bit of freedom and is handled by the worst AI imaginable. This is particularly bad because the movement controls are camera-relative - as you're running along a narrow ledge, the camera will switch direction to show off the view, and suddenly you pushing the control stick forward is now telling Lara to jump off the cliff, rather than hug the ledge. She dutifully obeys.

17. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

just played the demo and as they say a sight for sore eyes meaning it looked great ahem I mean lara's figure of course!

Tags: Add Tags