1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista Boot\BCD problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Cyberbob:-), 2 Nov 2008.

1. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Hi Guys,

I've recently installed Vista 64 bit, ran fine a few times. restarted no problem. Installed more software only games and stuff.

Then bang.

Whenever I restart now keep getting an error.

File: \Boot\BCD
    Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information

I've gone to microsoft webpage followed instructions...i.e insert vista boot from cd repair windows restart and it works....

But if I restart again, same problem again, not all the time but 9 out of 10 times need to repair windows.

Got vista install on samung F1 1TB.

any clues? Might try installing vista again keeping all settings and software, didn't want to do it, but looks like I've got no option...:wallbash:

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

the only thing I can think of is that your system is overclocked and files are getting corrupted. I had an unstable overclock and ended up re-installing vista 64.
    that, or it could be that as of right now your post count is 666 and your avatar is a pic of jesus. maybe someone doesn't like you right now...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ensure that you didn't install any malware/virus by accidents and that UAC is turned on.

On your way in re-install Vista, I would create a partition of 50GB (should be more then enough for windows only (install your applications on the second partition)) for Vista on your HDD, so that when you need to re-install you won't need to backup ~1TB of data if your HDD is full. That would simplify things quiet a bit.

4. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Not overclocked, all runnung standard.

Can i reinstall vista and create a partion without losing all my existing data?

gone past 666 now, and still having problems....nice spot...LOL

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Just figured out the advice I gave was retarted. let me wake up and I'll come back later.

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You could re-install without format (meaning you not pressing on the format partition button)... however I never tried it, so I don't know what will happen.

Tags: