1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Far Cry 2 Golden AK

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cupboard, 5 Nov 2008.

1. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I have just found it and whilst I would love to keep it and put it in a weapons crate, just at the moment it is far too impractical (I am quite near the end).
    Unfortunately I love my silly sniper rifle-that-jams-all-the-time too much.
    Ah well, it was nice to find even if it was hidden in a really obvious place :)
    When you find it, you will know what I am on about.

[​IMG]
    sorry about the rubbish lighting, it wasn't that bad in game.

On another note, I have 3.35GB of save games!! in around 25 hours of playing.

2. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Kill one of the first guys and take his? I remember one of the bosses has a Golden AK in the trailer. Finished the game and haven't played it since, since I'm guessing I'll just be at my last savepoint :S

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I found one in the middle of nowhere early-on in the game. Can't recall where, but it was in a small shack with a diamond briefcase.

4. Cupboard

aww, I thought it might be unique :(
    Ah well, just finished it at 27 hours gameplay. My accuracy was rubbish though, 21% :eek:

5. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

True, it's hard to keep up a good accuracy with the sluggish mouse response.

I found the gold AK early in the game. Best gun around until I got the .50 cal sniper rifle.

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Absolutely my favourite gun in the game. Hard to aim, punchy recoil, inaccurate. But I'm ballin when I'm in the hood with this thing hanging on my chest.
    I haven't checked how many I have now, but the wait time to load saved game list is long enough for me to take a ****. Avoiding it by quicksaving is just adding to the problem:D

7. Krikkit

I'm the same - I just keep jabbing F5. I love having a quicksave that actually just saves the game quickly, rather than slot-saving and overwriting all the time.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

Baller!

where abouts did you score it?

I'm playing it now only about 6 hours in (more like 12 but i kept forgetting to save and paying for it when dying) i keep walking away from the game for awhile due to the bloody monotonous driving and boating to travel, its so damn boring its NOT funny and that everything looks the same when traveling makes it boring as

Its a good game but nowhere near the hype around it imo, and the mouse movement is way too sluggish and some of the weapons in their slots are kinda pointless (IE id rather the sniper rifle as a special weapon rather than primary)

the game is a big let down overall so far

9. Cupboard

I really enjoyed it and would rate it about 8 I suppose. If you mean where did I find the gun, I got it right at the end and there is no way back from there which sucks really. I would have liked to go back and complete the rest of the side missions but I can't know. Not that the story would have worked if you could... but hey.

I don't mind the travelling too much. Boats and buses help a lot and once you have got a decent sniper rifle to pick everyone off before you run into a road black you are sorted. That or a Land Rover with a grenade launcher :D

Yes, sniper rifles in the primary slot was a bit annoying but later you can get a MAC10 of and Uzi to put in the secondary slot which is fun, especially when you have the extra ammo for them.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

i completed a heap of the gun dealer missions early on so i scored the uzi and mac 10 etc really early in the game ;)

but i still think you should be able to have a sniper rifle as a special weapon, even in the military snipers usually carry an m4 at least or m21 etc something to back up the slow bolt action weapon ;) or have a spotter with them with something semi auto

Ive also got a few gripes with the AR 15, it really gets annoying with 3 round burst!!! if it was fully auto or had an option for a silencer id be using it way more than my MP5 , heh nothing like taking positions without another shot being fired because you take everyone out with your silenced mp5 and head shots!

i use the buses a LOT also but they honestly need more bus stops

11. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Bah this could have gone in the Far cry 2 thread it did not need (or deserve it's own thread)

12. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

What? C'mon. Rollin around on dubs bustin out with you gold plated gat. Clickety clack Son. That doesn't deserve its own thread?

I'll be leaving...

13. Krikkit

Heh, I think it does at least! :D

Tags: