1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Whalemeister, 29 Oct 2008.

1. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

It seems there's already user interface mods out there. Damn thing hasn't been out for a week and they're already at it! here

2. K

K 528491

Not sure if anyone else has had this, but on the 360 version when I first started playing there was a pretty much game breaking bug for me. When you're a baby and crawling around with Liam Neeson it asks you to push the left stick to move and the right to look (as per all FPS games). Mine was swapped! The left looked and the right moved. And there is NO WAY to change it in the controller settings, at all. Only to invert the axis and such. It was scary because it was literally impossible to get my head around after so much Halo and CoD. A quick restart of the game fixed it, but it was quite annoying.

3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Lurving the game so far. Got one ending after intense three day session. Now playing much slower and exploring every spot.

However, I just can't stop modding games! Hey, someone had to do it... :D

[Edit]
    Before anyone asks, it's a WIP mod. Every armor and helmet is copied, appearance changed to above and made buyable at three places. No, not a cheat mod.

Caused a few uncontrolled laughters when using VATS. Think "insane giggling" and "mad scientist".
    [/Edit]

Last edited: 4 Nov 2008
  4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Got it this morning and I'm loving it so far, noticed quite a few bugs though, one woman had her head slowly rotate upside down then snap back. Another guy was holding a gun, but instead of being in a holding gun pose, he was in the fistfight pose with an assault rifle attached upside down to one fist. Also had another bug where I kept sinking into the ground then popping up.

I can see why the interface would be annoying on the PC

5. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I'm loving it, just feels SO much like oblivion that my younger sister was watching me (who is far from a gamer) asked if i was playing oblivion. then i had to explain why it was so similar.

6. Andersen

In Megaton perhaps? AFAIK it's most prevalent there. Enter Megaton and see what those people on the slope do.

As for the sinking problem,
    you really do not want to become obsessed with Oasis. Harold and stuff. And some very broken terrain.

That would be the reason one of my Morrowind friends will never touch FO3. Well, never meaning before year 2018.

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm probably over 10 hours in on my PS3 and apart from the odd skeleton flailing around on the ground and some NPC path finding issues i haven't seen glitches. I'm really getting sucked into this game, i'm up to level 7 and i havent even done any of the main quest yet.

8. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I simply cannot wait. I was obsessed with both Fallout and Fallout 2. I nearly wet myself when I played the Fallout 2 demo bundled with PC Zone.

9. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

wait for what..

10. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's out! It doesn't have the gritty dry feeling of Fallout 2 IMO it is a lot more like Oblivion. Die hard fallout fans might take offence but try to look at it as a new game so as not to be disappointed, and enjoy it for what it is :)

11. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Yes, I have to wait for Christmas though :duh: Which is even worse as everyone else is enjoying the game. Can't just go and buy it because I'll have 2 copies come December.

12. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

started it last night and i love it, thats the problem.

see it feels a lot like oblivion and when that came out i spent around four months in my room smoking and avoiding human contact. i was seeing a girl at the time aswell, who i finished with so i could play more oblivion

oh dear

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm one of those people that thinks Oblivion is **** in comparison to Morrowind, but I'm still really loving FO3, I don't think it really feels like either, or the other Fallouts, it's definitely it's own game and that's definitely a good think IMO. I think I would say it's more like a free roaming post Apocalyptic Deus Ex with a bigger character stats and quest mechanic.

14. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

ok, this is pretty much for those playing evil characters, spoilers, obviously. PM me if you've done it

for those who took the contract killer perk, is it always the same guy in the office shack of the scrapyard?
    the guy is obviously the devil. and no, you can't kill him. I tried. btw, it's only like 10 caps an ear. totally not worth it. you'd think the devil could pay better.

15. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

Hmmm, found a game breaking bug the other day.

FO3 loads up fine and when I try to load up a saved game (or use the 'Continue' option) the game locks up the instant I select 'Yes' to confirm loading the save.

FO3 then needs to be killed from task manager, I tried leaving it for over 15 mins to see if it would come back to life.

It was working fine for about a week and now nothing, 11 hours of gameplay lost??!!! Not in the best of moods about this to be honest.

I spent most of last night updating the drivers for my mobo, GFX card and audio drivers and re-installing audio codecs (k-lite) but haven't had a chance to test the game yet - went to see the new Bond film last night too, which (off topic) is a great film!

16. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Had the same thing... But I used msconfig to stop all non-essential services and start-up items, and it worked. I've added all the services back in along with the key start-up items (about half) and it still works. I haven't had time to investigate further so I haven't pinned down the class, nor have I tested if the 1.0.0.5 update has changed the situation - but you could do worse than try something similar.

17. Andersen

Go back a save or two. Relying on auto- and quicksave is a big no with this game. Also I've noticed that when the game has crashed, it does rotten cheesecake on the last save or two. Found that out the hard way.

Always make a manual save before moving from one area to another and randomly when fooling around.

18. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

I've never trusted auto saves too much and have about 6 or 7 manual save points, it's the same thing with all of them...

Looks like patches have come out for the game so I'll give that a try when I get home.

/fingers crossed

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I had the most awesome random encounter the other day. Trudging through the wastelands on the way to a place I had not explored yet. Was passing through some hills, some woman runs up to me and says "Help! It's about to go off!" She runs off, I run after her, then she explodes. Just as that happens some raiders come over the hill, one trying to shoot a missile launcher at me. I duck behind some cover and take out his two friends. I'm about to start on the guy shooting the missiles at me, just as I do, a giant radscorpion comes out of nowhere and starts attacking him, I leave them to it with a bemused expression on my face. The radscorpion kills the guy very quickly unfortunately and is barely hurt and starts running towards me. Shooting it wasn't getting far so I pulled out my shishkebab and start hacking away at it. I manage to kill it, but just as I breathe a sigh of relief I die from the poison it had injected into me.

20. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Yeah, I had something like that happen to me.
    Btw, anyone else being constantly hunted by Talon mercs? First few times they were a bi*ch to kill, but now they're like cannon fodder that leaves good armor :D

On a whole different note, I've finally got a new graphics card (sig). I can't believe how much better the game looks at full detail... fantastic :)

Oh, and, the shishkebab reminded me of Yahtzee's (Zero Punctuation) definition of "the coolest weapon ever". It's on fire, the only thing it's missing is t*ts :D

Tags: