1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Wrath of the Lich king Collectors pre-order

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ChEsTeH, 5 Nov 2008.

1. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

For all those interested in this hard to get Collectors edition ! Play.com are taking pre-orders now ! £49.99.

:clap:

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

£50 for an expansion pack is obscene! However, I find the prospect of what would be in such a pack very interesting, and in no way scorn individuals who choose to buy it, as it simply reflects a love of the game which one would expect of most long-term players.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2008
  3. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

it's obscene for sure. i won't be paying for either because thankfully i saw the light and stopped giving them money long ago...

... and went back to final fantasy xi instead :(

4. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

well guys - I cant see why you bothered to reply to be honest as the post clearly says for those who are interested !

Thanks for your valuable insights though.

5. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

it's always time to rag on world of warcraft, ehehe.

just messing, i didn't notice it first time around, so i'll shut up now :D

6. boiled_elephant

:O that's a step backward, surely!

I don't think I could go from one MMO to another. There are so many similarities, I think I'd just get irritated by the things that weren't as good about the new one (which there would inevitably be).

7. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

WoW - when ever I think I am missing it, I go for a run....:eyebrow:

Sorry Chesteh I wish I could say something that would make you smile and enjoy playing this virtual reality game but TBH it's a real life killer.

http://www.wowdetox.com/

Please do not ignore my post, just type /played and try and kill some real life demons, wow is not like other games...it is engineered (just like slot machines) to keep drip feeding you that drug!

Take it from some one who knows -#- rebel and tell Blizz to suck it dude :)
    Matt

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Grrrr... posts like this really annoy me.

WoW is only addictive if you let it, just like any other potentially addictive thing.

I've never understood why MMO's get singled out for this so often, i'm pretty sure the average non-gamer spends as much time watching TV as a MMO player spends on games, but only gaming is seen as pure evil :rolleyes:

i have 2 days of playtime on fable 2 already and i've only had the game a little over 2 weeks, does that make it as bad as a MMO?
    My main wow char has 60days playtime, but thats over more than two years... I wonder what the average person's TV watching time would add up to over similar periods? Probably very little difference...

9. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

I agree with you there on the grounds of time spent playing, but I think where it differs is that WoW tends to be on your mind ALL the time when you're not playing. You may spend lots of time watching tv or playing other games, but you're able to concentrate on other things still. With WoW, you tend to lose that ability....at least thats how I see it TBH.

Back on topic though, I'll be checking this one out, but not right when it comes out. I simply don't have the time to put towards it or any other game right now.

10. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I'm looking forward to Thursday for sure, it's all pre-ordered... I'll just struggle to play it much with so many recent commitments (newborn, Police College, looking for a new place, etc) at present!

11. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I don't really care what people say about WoW. I'm still going to play it :p

£50 for the collectors edition though... that's crazy. The normal expansion is like £18 at the most.

12. spudevo

spudevo What's a Dremel?

Yea same here i wont be buying it, or going back to play wow and to pay £50 for it is way to much, lets face it blizz know how to con there fans

13. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

No need to apologise mate it`s fine :)

I do feel sorry for the weakminded people who leave games rule their lives - I enjoy playing WoW but not to the extent that it`s all I do.

I believe WoW caters for the occasional player as well as the Hardcore one much enjoyment is to be had for both.

I really cannot understand the haters to be quite honest - If you dont like the game fine thats your opinion but it`s the constant bitching and whineing I cant understand.

Please find something better to do like taking a long walk of a short pier ! :sigh:

Last edited: 11 Dec 2008
  14. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

Hmmm I thought there was not going to be a collectors edition for the UK. Must be really limited as I've seen no one else offer it and I have been looking :-(

15. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Discs went in the bin a while ago (broken maybe, I can't remember), I'M FREE :D

16. boiled_elephant

<3 :)

Anyone who thinks World of Warcraft is serious business needs a stiff slap. It's a game, if you can't resist playing it until your legs fall off, I've no sympathy.

Mat-ster, I don't mean to offend, but you've been pushing this "Warcraft is Evil" line for quite a while now, I don't think it's very nice of you - how do you think people who play WoW feel when someone tells them they're playing an addictive, life-destroying e-drug?

17. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

Tbh both blizz and gamers got their share of responsibility on what's going on. It seems that MMOs appeal mostly to lower social status people, people that are fedup with their daily routines and need to escape, people that feel outcasts in a modern world or people that just want to spend their time because they aren't doing anything else in their lives (unemployment). Blaming blizzard is not valid since blizzard is here to make money like every other company on this planet. You can hate them all you want but surely you can't put the whole blame on them.

As a grown up person you are responsible for controlling your passions. As a kid, that's a job your parents need to take care of. I'm sorry but all those grownup people that destroyed their lives by playing wow, are simply and totally brainless or really really reaaally sad with their lives. That's the truth. And just to make a general notice here, entertainment companies try to take advantage of people's weaknesses. They hire psychologists to know how the masses can get addicted to their product. The repetitive nature of wow is only an extention of our (real) social structure. Every day ..you do almost the same things, unless you are famous/rich why should wow be any different?

18. boiled_elephant

Yeah, I never found WoW's addictive elements to be covert or sly, I appreciated it for them. WoW always felt to me like how an ideal job would feel - yes, it's a grind, and yes, it's repetitive, but it's varied, rewarding and engaging in a way that the real world never manages to be.

Also, it's occurred to me that calling WoW addictive is essentially saying that it's pleasing to play and that it doesn't get boring. There's really no difference, is there?

If you really want to you can see progression and reward as 'addictive' elements in a game, because they do make you keep playing it, but virtually every game does this. What's the alternative? A game that really isn't enjoyable to play, or gets unbearably boring and derivative after X hours of play? That's just a bad game. Games are supposed to captivate, to entertain, to amuse. They waste our time in a pleasing way, that's their purpose. Calling them out on that as a fault is daft.

To put it simply, I started playing WoW because I wanted to waste time and do nothing with my life. That was the cause, not the effect. Warcraft isn't responsible for that, I was.

19. logonui

logonui Minimodder

Just had my Collectors edition delivered, I love ordering from little known websites

20. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Lol grats, but you still have to wait until Thursday :lol:

Tags: