1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Hunting Anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by talladega, 18 Nov 2008.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Today I went out hunting this afternoon while dad was at work. Last week we went a few times and saw plenty of deer but nothing big. Then we finally saw a buck. Not a very big one. Just two spikes on it. Shot at it 3 times and found out the scope was way out and the other times we were too far away. 400+yds!!

So I went today hoping to see that same one as its the only one ive seen this year. Well I got into my spot and about 1 minute later I notice a deer came out. I had to take a second look to realize it was a buck.

It was lookin in my direction so I couldnt make a move. I couldnt shoot as I was just along the edge of the bushes and such and I would have to shoot through some bushes to hit it and I wouldnt take the chance. So I sat there for atleast 10 minutes watching it through my scope waiting for a better shot.

Finally it came out a little further. One shot was all I needed to drop that sucker! My scope was sighted for 300yds and the deer was 200yds away so my shot was high, but still dropped it instantly. It was dead within 10 - 15 seconds.

I phoned up my dad and he left work to come help me. While he was on his way I started dragging it the 3/4mile to the car. I got about 1/4 of the way there when my dad came to help. It is tough to drag these big things across a field!! Especially when they dont help you! :lol:

It wasnt a big trophy buck by any means, but it was my first one and I think it looks great! It's a 3x4 and I am getting it mounted. ($450 :jawdrop: :wallbash: )

Heres pics!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rock::rock::rock:

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Poor animal :(

3. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i'm not a big fan of hunting, but deer are pests. if it weren't for the hunters we would be overrun.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

err no thanks

I respect hunters because my uncles are very serious ones but I don't quite get what is the fun in killing just for the heck of it

5. iggy

iggy Minimodder

you killed bambis mum :( *******!

6. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Yeah, I feel the same way... plus it's kinda lopsided. Now if you ran it down, and ripped it's jugular out with your teeth... that's something I can support. Even bow hunting is a bit suspect to me.
    Course, if this is gonna be your only dinner for the next month, well then..

@iggy2k... it's actually Bambi's dad... (I know you're joking, btw) ;)

Not to rain on your parade, Talladega... (btw, nice shop)

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

450 bucks for a mount? I've seen pricier, not a hunter my self have, just wasn't my thing. but the town i live in, well you pull up to a gas station, and 1 out of 3 trucks has a deer in it. my dad got a nice deer down in GA the other year he's a big hunter

-on another note. first dead animal posted on bit-tech?

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Ya, I didnt expect a big welcoming. :)

I dont go hunting just for the sake of killing it though. We cut it up and eat it. Although I personally dont like the taste, the rest of my family does.

I do realize alot of hunters are idiots and give the rest a bad name and I really dont like that. I think its disgusting when people shoot a deer and if its not big enough or whatever they just leave it to rot. Always some bad apples in the lot. :(

But still. If it werent for us hunters we'd be overrun like supertoad says.

I've seen firsthand the effects of idiot hunters who dont follow the rules. Last year we sadly found dead deer left behind by morons. And also the last few years people have overhunted the area I hunt in and then only get bucks (and more than just one) and now the deer population in the area is mainly very small deer.

All because people only think of themselves. :(

9. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Yeahhhhhh, that's generally something you check on BEFORE you point a weapon at a living thing. It's a good thing we have such crack citizen soldiers protecting america from deer.

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

You killed rudolf, you ****er!

11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

:rolleyes:

That's a nice prize mate, congrats! What do you shoot and scope with?

12. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

speaking of eating it, deer is a lot better for you then cow meat is. very lean doesn't have a horrible taste, just a very unusual one moose is like that too.

13. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I swear by venison, I would eat it every day if it weren't so damn expensive in UK butchers!

14. RTT

RTT #parp

I shot a deer once... I missed tho. Had to kill it with a spade. Took an hour

15. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

<at risk of setting myself up for sarcasm flail again>
    .... that's a stag. a male deer. aaaaand yes, you were joking. AWESOME.

16. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I cannot condone hunting for sport, but for dinner... that's something else!

How much meat did you get out of it? And you didn't do this at home, right??

17. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

Congratz! That very nice first deer!

I didn't get out this year but hopefully next year I can go out.

What gun are you using?

18. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Not a bad kill gratz. I hate the law where I live and hunt out of state. In my state you have to get 2does before you can hunt buck. So I go out of state for buck with just tags. Last year I got a 8pt at about 230yrds with my 300win. I've always wanted to travel up north for moose hunting but I've been told you need a group to drag one out of the woods lol.

I use a Savage 110 FP 300win mag with custom setup (trigger work, bedding, barrel, scope). Zeroed at 200yrds. And a Remington 700 ADL 30-06 with basic setup. Zeroed at 100yrds.

Tip:
    If you have a place that sells them near you get a portable military gurney and para cord to drag out your kills.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2008
  19. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I just spat coke everywhere :hehe:

20. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

canada