1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development What have you been coding?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Agamer, 16 Nov 2008.

1. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

mostly pcap file manipulation, compiled binary file decompilation, and nasty high timing resolution network traffic generation, all in python.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Lots of PHP, Javascript (jQuery animation plugin i'm working on), some infopath scripting (vomit), some C#, some Biztalk pipeline components...

3. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

please share some info on the jquery plugin! Currently, I'm making a newspaper/magazine style web template in xhtml and css (might make it for wordpress too)

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Essentially (me being fairly n00b at jQuery, and me being a rookie at it), it's an animation plugin that can take normal unformatted div's in a container and animate them (think news tickers, fade-in/out, and various other tricks) with paging (i.e. it'll highlight which one is currently shown as well as allow you to page through it manually).
    I looked through the jQuery archive, and found a good couple of similar ones, but none that do it exactly the way i want it.
    Not sure i'll actually release this version (i need it for a project, so it only caters for some of the functionality right now), but generally, once i get all the fanciness down, it'll be online on the jQuery site. But it's a longer-term project, that only gets released once a couple of coding people i'll pass this on to have given me QA feedback, etc... i am a bit tired of lack of support and flexibility of some of the existant plugins.
    The reason for me using div's is that it's SEO friendly (all the formatting happens in CSS< obviously), and can be easily modded to support AJAX calls (which are mostly NOT SEO friendly)

5. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

I have been rewriting my web site as I don't have the attention span to learn anything more then CSS and XHTML.