1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware DFI LANParty JR P45 T2RS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Nov 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

My friend bought one of these and he's pretty pleased with it. Cheap for a DFI board. Solid little performer. No complaints.

3. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Pliers. They'll get that screw out. I've even disassembled a harddrive using a pair of pliers to turn the screws when I didn't have the right bit for my screwdriver.

I've been kind of thinking about an mATX based gaming rig recently, after all, why do you need a full ATX board?

4. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

The rear I/O seems a bit sparse of features for a board of this price,esp the lack of esata and a few extra usb ports,or am i being a bit picky?

5. Andreoid

Andreoid Anfi-tec Staff

i love this board :)

and anfi-tec allready have waterblocks for this :D
    [​IMG]

6. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

great as a uATX portable LAN box motherboard. That reset CMOS on the back IO panel shouldn't be too difficult to deal with after all it's not like you'll be reaching round the back of a huge coolermaster or Lian li case in this instance. Reaching round the back is pretty easy with a SFF but what can be more difficult is reaching an internal motherboard jumper as SFF cases often have little wriggly room inside!

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But for the cost, why not just have a teeny tiny switch ala Abit used to do??

8. mascotzel

mascotzel What's a Dremel?

"where the JR P45 doesn't have quite the level of thoughtfulness other DFI products have been given...no Firewire, no eSATA (yet there could easily be)"
    I doesn't seem that you know DFI to well
    I have yet to see eSATA on any DFI board...as for firewire,they have it only on UT ( the most expensive ones) series
    and the CMOS jumper is quite on a lot of their boards

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Fair enough. Perhaps I should have said compared to the competition then. I've only ever infrequently looked at high end boards to date.

eSATA especially - they use a JMicron chipset already for IDE, so one for IDE+2 SATA is little more for a useful extra.

As I said above, the CMOS jumper should be a very small momentary switch or two position one.

10. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Way too much money for a mATX board, especially with very little features. No point in this board, really. Crossfire on an mATX board is silly and defeats the purpose of small form factor. Why have mATX if you are going to shove two gfx cards on it. Can get better boards for a lot less. This board seems completely useless to me. Just my two cents. Can anyone really tell me the benefit of this board?

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Well, if you dont run any other cards than Graphicscards then a Matx board is big enough, besides, it saves a lot of space in a regular size case which can be used for WC Gear or you can go for a small and great looking case like Silverstone Crown Series.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If anyone really wants eSATA with this board, go hunting for the PCI converter dongley thing that Gigabyte supply with their boards.
    Much more useful than a fixed eSATA on the rear which you'll never use because you can't see back there to fit the cable

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Someone on BT will make a mod for this soon enough.

Also, have you checked the box, my board came with some elongated jumpers IIRC, certainly usefull if your case is a pain to open like mine.

14. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I was considering getting this for my SFF gaming rig that I take with lans but I think a single x16 lane with a 4870x2 would probably do me better then two x8 lanes.

15. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I thinking about this board the only features missing are the ones I don't use (esata, firewire) and I don't care about onboard sound quality I got a $500 soundcard I've been using

16. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Last edited: 25 Nov 2008
  17. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

I have been looking for some time to build a media center for my front room, parhaps this is the right board?

18. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

In your review you have: Four DDR2 memory sockets supporting up to 16GB of memory at 667-1,066MHz.

Its only surepose to be: 8gb total ram.

Unless you no sumthing dfi dont no. hehehe.