1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve publishes Left4Dead public achievements

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Nov 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Dachande663

Dachande663 What's a Dremel?

It is worth pointing out that just because the Genocide achievement displays 0% someone could have completed it, but they are dwarfed by the total number of players. And are they going to be releasing any heatmaps like with HL2:EP2 etc?

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

yeah i wanna see the stats and the death maps like there are for tf2
    most damaging weapon, most damaging zombie class etc etc

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

most impressive one ive gotten was "back to help" when 3 of us were in the saferoom and the lastone got horded and downed, last mag in the m60 i charged out and went ****ing apeshit, dragged his ass back int the room and found i had two bullets left.

you cant buy moments like this and i applaud valve for making the director so utterly random. i just hope these reports wont make them water down the difficulty.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Not water down the difficulty but make it a bit more linear, the step change in difficulty can catch you out at times.

It would be good to see weapon stats and infected stats. On average how effective is a boomer or a hunter per life so you can see how bad you are at playing infected.

6. tribalman

tribalman What's a Dremel?

the achievements are broken, in a manner of speaking. i have played through all the missions, but not in one sitting. i don't have the free time for it. and if you happen to lose connection to the server and then reconnect you also won't get the achievement. some of the other ones are crazy. drag a person 100ft as a smoker? does he even have the range? or is it a drag, release, drag kind of thing. this is why i dislike achievements.

7. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

That's probably the best thing to love about L4D, the fact that you have no idea what's coming and you always have to be on your toes. No crafty *** breaks inbetween waves or pausing before the epic spawn battle to have a wee - unless you like coming back to your computer to find your character getting teabagged by a tank.

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

How is anyone suppose to headshot the witch? Seriously me and some friends tried. All had the rifle, all took aim at her head, all fired at the same time...then had to reload because we dumped our entire clip dropping her. Does the headshot need to be the killing blow or is there some secret method to killing her in one headshot? The achievement is confusing.

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Has to be the killing blow and the only shot to hit her, I've managed to do it. Do it on easy for a start, and do not use the hunting rifle.

Get a shotgun, run up to her, when she starts getting angry and looks at you and is getting up, but before she is properly startled, shoot her in the face. If you do it while she is still sobbing she will take no damage. I managed to do it first try with this method, but I was lucky, you have to get the timing of the shot just right, too quick and she's immune to it, too slow and shes eaten you.

100ft isn't that far, you have to basically latch onto them at maximum range, you just have to drag them 100ft in one go. You'll get the achievement once you've dragged them 100ft and have released them (either they're dead, you're dead like when I did it or they freed them with a melee).

I did this one at the part where the survivors have to get the lift up to a rooftop then walk across it and in through a large window while zombies swarm them. I did it when I was on the rooftop and the survivors were going down the hole, I latched onto the last one and dragged him all the way back to me.

What's this Outbreak achievement? It's not on the 360 version.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2008
  10. dtheg1986

dtheg1986 What's a Dremel?

Is It just me who can do all of the levels up to the crescendo and then find it intensely difficult from there on ? (on advanced difficulty on the 360) ?

And Im playing with some good players.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Last edited: 26 Nov 2008
  12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

That's fine English Kenco...

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ditch the failpad and you might stand a chance

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I think a good majority of why people don't have the achievements that require completing a campaign is because..

The game either D/Cs, crashes, or somehow switches to VS mode, which requires you to reconnect, and thus renders you unable to get achievement unless you begin from the start.

15. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I'm relatively mediocre at the game (never been able to finish a finale on advanced :[ ), but in my first attempt at Versus, I got the 100ft drag achievement. It's quite easy if a team of survivors is being rushed from the front, cuz all you need to do is drag a survivor from behind!

16. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

I would think death heatmaps would be relatively uniform, due to the nature of the AI director.

17. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Very crashy game, not when playing versus though, but singleplayer and co-op campaigns hosting or not and I would put money on not being able to get through it without a crash, not just my PC's either, same with friends :s

18. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

Hard hard game. I've only beaten one campaign, No Mercy, on Advanced and we managed to get everyone out alive. I thought that would be how the rest of the campaigns would go, but I've apparently had a serious drop off in partner skill level since then. The only other campaign I've come close to beating is Death Toll, and 3 out of 4 of us were overrun while the last guy made it out with 1 hp.

The problem is compounded by the fact that playing on an easier difficulty inevitably pairs you off with some colossal morons who haven't the slightest clue how to play the game; I've actually found it harder on Normal than Advanced because most people on Normal fail to grasp the concept of sticking together or actually getting through the level without stopping to shoot every single zombie along the way. This is co-op, people, not singleplayer; act like Rambo and you will die very quickly.

Anyone need a fourth?

19. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

Beaten no mercy, death toll, and came so damn close to beating blood harvest (died right before the transport got there, but one of my teammates made it). I actually beat death toll AFTER I got incapacitated. I was at the edge of the boat trying to melee my way ONTO to the boat, but just as I jumped on I got knocked down, then the ending cinematic played. I thought my teammate somehow made it around me, but apparently he died in the last rush.

20. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Me and the missus just beat Dead Air on our first run - everyone alive and I didn't get knocked down once. Awesome.

Tags: Add Tags