1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

I went to the toilet washed my hands and then automatically started brushing my teeth. I dont know why I did that.

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I once put soap on my tooth brush.

Quite often put shower gel in my hair rather than shampoo.

Type 'rm *' in ssh when I don't want to delete everthing in my home directory :wallbash:

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Hmmm, lemmie think, can't really remember too many times I've done stupid things. Not because I don't do them, I just have a really bad memory.

Ah here's one, I'm quite paranoid, so I check my pockets, wrist, etc. all the time to make sure I have everything, usually my wallet, phone and keys. So I got out of work, got out my phone to ring my mate up, walked down the street, phone to my ear, checked my pockets. Oh ****, I don't have my phone, started hurriedly walking back, then 5 seconds later realised I was holding it to my ear.

Another one, was at uni, we were working on a project, I had a complete blonde moment and somehow decided that putting a weight on a slant on top of this mini spring powered car we were making would add a forward force. This was quickly followed by a palm to the face after I realised what rubbish I was spewing.

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Forgot to remove size stickers and price tags on brand new clothing when wearing them to go out.

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Heh this thread is making me laugh.

I've done something similar too, woke up and it wasn't until I was dressed before I realised it was something like 4am!

I've done that a few times, the worst one being in my old car. Once, whilst trying to find my keys I actually went to the car, unlocked and opened the door to see if the keys were in my car but I couldn't find anything. It wasn't until I got out of the car that I realised I had the key with me all along and opened the car with it. :wallbash:

6. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I regularly go into the kitchen to find the milk in the cup drawer because last time I made a coffe I was sleepy :)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I did that to the AMD event in London last Monday :blush:

Trying to look professional fail.

8. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Hmm, forgotten more dumb things than I can relate, but here:

- One morning put the cereal box in the refrigerator and the milk in the cupboard.
    - Without thinking, put in contact lenses after chopping jalapeno peppers, onions, etc. for fresh salsa. Washed my hands with soap first, but pepper oils stay on your skin. owwie, owwie
    - Very nervous on a first date, I managed to lock my keys in the car when I arrived.
    - Got an obscene phone call in the middle of the night. Not sure what the hell I'd been dreaming about, but I started talking back to the caller in the same way. He hung up on me!

9. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

I turned up for work with 2 sets of car keys and my work keys left on the table at home.

Driven most of the way to work on auto-pilot when I was supposed to be going somewhere else at the weekend.

Walked off in completely the wrong direction to get to my parked car.

Probably a bunch more that I can't remember.

10. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

OMG, that was you?

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Broke my own collar bone.

I cracked it, and then some how managed to forget that I'd cracked it, and pushed myself off the floor push-up style, and totally broke it.

Felt like a complete **** when I got to the hospital, I walked there half naked because I couldn't get a t-shirt on (Can't take pain killers, they make me halucinate. While it can be amusing, I figured not a good idea when trying to cross roads), and had to explain what happened.

12. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

tried to wash my hands with toothpaste
    tried to wash my face with moisturiser
    tried to wash my hair with conditioner, twice, before wondering why it wasn't very foamy
    released the dhcp lease on my router while logged in remotely
    very, very nearly taken a dump with the toilet lid down. there was some minor spillage.
    shook a 4 pint bottle of milk (force of habit) with the lid off.
    dropped dirty socks in toilet instead of laundry basket

best one:
    had a fever when i was about 12. woke up in middle of the night, honestly beleiving my sisters wanted to kill me. woke my neighbours up at 3am wearing a boot and a slipper on my feet and my dad's massive work coat, banging on their front door like there was no tomorrow, yelling "THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL ME".

i've done a lot of stupid things.

13. liratheal

I'm trying to visualise that one, and frankly, that would terrify me if I were the neighbour.

I think it's the boot and the slipper that'd worry me more than anything.

14. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

At my parents place we have an outside toilet and then a bit further down the wall is the door to the kitchen. When I was about 12 I walked down from the garden, straight past the toilet, into the kitchen, whipped it out and pissed in the bin. My Mum, who was in the kitchen at the time said "you might want to try that one again"

I reach for the undo button when I'm using paper and pencil, I do this just about every time I use them. Same with the auto-spellcheck.

I've shaken a ketchup bottle without the lid on.

Cant think of any more at the moment but I'm sure there are plenty

Moriquendi

15. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Man i love the looking for your keys / remote while its in your hand game.

I've swallowed a gobstopper whole when i was 11 or so and almost choked to death...the xray was fun, showing this big ball in my stomach xD

Loads of times ive jumped in the car and started driving to either work or my girlfriends, when infact i wanted to go somewhere else.

I once woke up in the middle of the night got ready for school realised that it wasnt for another 5 hours or so, but thought i was being clever by sleeping in my uniform, that way i wouldnt have to get dressed in the morning! So how was it i woke up back in my pajamas? My parents had come in the room and undressed me so that everything wasnt creased :( I first thought it was a dream till they mentioned it over breakfast haha.
    I deny it to this day.

Put my boxers on inside out, and it wasnt till my girlfriend pointed it out that i realised, the next day i turned my boxers to what i thought was the right way round, yet again they were inside out, and yet again pointed out by my girlfriend lol!

16. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Walked into many doors, mainly automatic doors that don't open quickly enough.
    Walked into a solid concrete pillar after talking to a friend at work.
    Walked out infront of a car without a high vis jacket.
    Those are all i can think off for now.

Sam

17. liratheal

I do that every day. Seriously, I've been nearly run over three times today alone. I'm an asshole pedestrian.

So far no serious injuries. So far.

18. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I witnessed a golf driver over taking a bus that had stopped to pick up / drop off, going up hill he was doing about 50mph to a blind crested hill where i have seen the same stunt performed ended with a young couple piling into a tree, i was on the phone and without looking what was coming down the hill i started walking out into the road, into the path of this golf driver to see if he would slow down, which he didnt missing me by not very much and still driving up over the crest with his car doing 50odd mph in the middle of the road.

It was only after that i realised i couldve been hit by a car coming down the hill as i just didnt look...

19. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Once when i was younger, we were walking fast, and a hot girl went the other way, so we were all looking back whilst still going forwards... and a telephone cubicle got in my way and went BBBOOOOOOOMMMM!!!! Everone thought that was funny.
    Another time when i was younger, i thought it would be cool to drive as fast as i can up a hill, so that when i went over the train crossing at the top i might get airborne! I did get airborne, and when i saw the other car approaching the intersection from the left i tried to slow down, but the damn brakes don't work when you are in the air :duh: The look on thier face as they saw the little corolla come OVER the hill was a little like this: :jawdrop: + WTF?!?! I landed and all was good. Corolla's are tough cars, highly reccomended :thumb:
    Umm that's about it, no other dumb things i can think of, just the two.

20. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Shooting at someone while airsofting after a reload, but forgetting to put a new clip in
    Phoning work on a weekend when ill, only to realize i only work weekdays
    Hunted for the remote while in my back pocket
    Losing the home phone, then spending ages looking for it before I think of ringing it

Bout it for now, but I'm sure I'll think of some later