1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Walked into a big glass door while leaving a bar and talking to my mates behind me. While I was collapsed on the floor from pain, they had collapsed from laughter.

Parked up my car to check out something under the bonnet. Once I'm done, lean in and turn the keys. Crap! I'd forgotten to take the car out of gear and a mini shaped hole in the fence was the result. I'll never forget the looking through the hole in the fence, only to find my neighbours, mid-BBQ, staring back looking quite stunned.

2. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I let my mobile phone out of my sight when I was having an affair with a married women whilst living with my girlfriend. She casually checked my phone which I had left on my desk to find many incriminating text messages and then promptly came and smashed my face in whilst I was on an exercise bike.
    That was stupid.
    All worked out well in the end though.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There's a more elaborate story in this, and part of me wants to ask, the other doesnt for fear of what it might become..

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Just don't go there. Trust me.

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Oh dear, what have you done Nexxo?

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I was responding to Bindi.

I, of course, am infallible. The last time I did something stupid was when I thought I'd made a mistake. But of course, I had not. :p

7. Grasshopper

Grasshopper What's a Dremel?

I washed my teeth with shaving cream... tree times.
    When I was little (12-13 years old) my mum woke me up for school, I went to the wardrobe and pissed inside, mistaken it for the toilet.

8. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I decided it would be good fun to drive my SUV into a ditch and see how far I could get, a 150 dollar tow bill later my car was out of said ditch. Also, AAA doesn't recover vehicles around 200 feet from the road. The looks I received afterwards were pretty good though.

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i swear i saw you make a mistake once. *runs off to find post*

10. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

I feel off my motorbike this morning, smashed my indicator which in turn cracked the fairing. Bent the steering and shifted numerous things on the handlebars the wrong way.

Well me, I'm fine. :)

11. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

One thing i do quite oftern, I go to grab a spoon for my cereal and end up with a fork :p

12. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

I believe it was regarding US politics in the run up to the recent election - he even admitted he was wrong.

Still, there is nothing that embodies perfection - even God makes mistakes, which is why we have chavs in the world...

13. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Pavlov at it's best :hehe:

This morning I woke up at 7:50, and thought it was 8:50 (I even looked at the clock) and then proceeded to call my boss and tell him I was running late and I wouldn't be here at 9:00 :duh:
    He knows I only live 15 minutes from work and yet he still just went along with it.

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

While in Uni, J was trying to install speakers in a wooden board which he wanted to place on the rear parcel shelf in his Rover. He didn't have a drill or anything else to make a hole with to hand (not even a self tapping screw) so he decided to burn a hole in the wood. with a match. Needless to say it did not go the way he wanted it too.

Same bloke was driving down the dual carrigeway to Uni (he and my other friend took it in turns to drive) and was too busy watching the windscreen wipers going back and forth (I swear you could see his head moving side to side) to notice that the traffic in front had stopped.
    I was in the pasenger seat looking through some coursework we were due to hand in to make sure it was all there (group project), my other friend was in the back talking and I felt his hands grip the headrest when he spoted the problem, I looked up and saw the stationary cars and shouted. J finally twigs the cars have stopped and slams his foot on the brake and just about managed to steer into the hard shoulder and skid to a stop passed a few of the cars he would have shunted - and swiftly overtook by a cloud of smoke from the brakes...
    I haven't got in the car with him since.

15. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Once, a long time ago, I had a car with a dead battery. I woke up one day late for work and I had parked facing up hill. Car was a standard so I would usually park facing down hill, and just jump the clutch to get it going.
    So I was facing the wrong way, and the car was in a bit of a hole and wouldn't roll on its own. So I opened the door, tried to push on the door frame and still could not get it to go. So I got out, and pushed it with the plan of jumping into the car once it slowly got rolling (its a gentle hill) (in my parents driveway).
    I got it moving, but before I could get around the door(I had to push from the front of the car), the door came in contact with the porch. Which stopped the car, and slightly bent the hinge on the door.
    So I went and stood by the door, and pushed the car forwards enough to get the door closed and then let it roll backwards out the driveway (I was in it at this point...).
    finally got to a spot where I could turn the car enough with the momentum it had gained, get it rolling forwards and then jumped the clutch.

Seamed like a good idea at the time, looking back I have to wonder what kind of drugs I was smoking.

16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I don't have much to add to this thread, as I mostly think about things and then end up doing the stupid thing anyway :wallbash:

:D

17. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I was about 11 when i was reading late, way past my bedtime like i always did. When i finally decided to go to sleep, i noticed the alarm clock doing the 12:00 flash, because we had a power lapse earlier.
    This meant i had to go downstairs to check the clock, so i could program my alarm clock to go off the next morning. The problem with going downstairs is that my parents could still be there, and they would know i was still up.
    So i checked on my TV what time it was through text-tv, and noticed it was only 10:13. This wasn't even much past my bedtime, so i could walk downstairs to check the clock without fear of much anger from my parents.
    It was halfway down the stairs when i realised the folly of my ways, and i froze in mid-step. I clearly remember standing there like that for a full 10 seconds to go over the whole dilemma again before deciding that it was probably best to go back upstairs before someone saw me. :eek:

Other then that:
    - looking for mobile phone in left pocket, then putting the stuff from right pocket in the left (including phone), to look in my right pocket.
    - sending an email to myself and then thinking "hey! new mail!"
    - Taking a piss with my fly still halfway up and then pulling the fly DOWN before re-entering the bar
    - Taking showers without a towel anywhere near

18. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

There was this fat chick once. The end.

19. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

dude, i wish you didn't remind me of that :(

It's slightly offset by the hot chick whose name i just flat out forgot after two days... :duh:

20. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

The usual, putting cereal in the fridge, etc.
    Most recent stupid thing I did was go for a shower at 11pm because i thought it was time for school.

Recently a mate (having taken his bike off a trainer) forgot to put his normal skewers on and promptly managed a two hour ride without them, only noticing when we finished.