1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple advises use of Mac anti-virus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Nov 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Ah so then Apple is responsible for the large amount of spam and viruses floating around the net too? Their flaws caused problems in all industries then.

The day I start driving a Jetta, drinking Starbucks, turn Liberal and jack off with my tears of loneliness will be the day I "might" buy an official Apple product. Until then you can keep your "social movement” to your little circle of ejaculatory dysfunctions to yourself. Your lord almighty king Jobs stole many of those inventions.

10 Apple Flops- Some maybe firsts but ended up in last.
    http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/29/ap...-cx_ag_1030apple_slide_2.html?thisSpeed=30000

Last edited: 4 Dec 2008
  2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

All I can say, LOL... You admit Apple stole his stuff from UNIX, yet it's the best, greatest and most innovative around? And the WWW, wireless, MP3 player, Multitouch,... aren't developed by Apple, AT ALL!

But as we know by now, Apple == 42... And you don't know the meaning of the word 'fact'.

EDIT: Oh yeah, what you pimp the most, Apples GUI, *burst*bubble* is 'borrowed' too...

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

lol

I'd say he's a troll. This cannot be real. Hopefully.

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

:hehe:

Apple are indeed innovators but most of what you listed is in fact apple successfully commercializing other ideas, xerox, ibm, creative, sony the list is as long as yours

:hehe: <------- oh for reference this is me laughing at you.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The Apple was predated by MIT's Altair.
    That would be Chuntex, a.k.a. CTX.
    I don't even know where to begin with this. Keyboards existed well before Apple - hell, well before Steve Jobs was ever born.
    The first 5.25" floppy was developed by Shugart Associates, the first 3.5" was produced by Sony.
    Nothing to do with Apple - invented by Douglas Engelbart and developed by Xerox, from where Steve Jobs stole the idea.
    Not even close. The GUI was stolen by Jobs from, again, work done at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center.
    that was IBM, as part of the work done on the Personal Computer/2
    Xerox again, I'm afraid - the first personal laser printer was released with their Star 8010 PC
    Sony again, with Philips helping out.
    That would have been the Motion Picture Experts Group, which gave us MPEG.
    True, two Apple employees worked on the development of Firewire, but they were far from alone. See here for the true story.
    I have no idea if that's true or not, but I doubt it.
    Invented by George E. Gerpheide in 1988, and merely licensed by Apple.
    The 1993 Apple Newton was predated by the Psion Organiser, which came out in 1984 - NINE YEARS before Apple's product.
    You're not even trying now. Developed by Sir Tim Berners-Lee at CERN.
    NCR Corporation and AT&T.
    The first mass-produced portable MP3 player was developed by Kane Kramer under the name MPMan.
    Okay, I'll give you that one.

Congratulations - you got one right.

6. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Comprehensively owned.

7. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

my god, I wish I had the space to put that up on my wall in 100 point font :D

Ted Landry just got [​IMG] by Gareth Halfacree

8. Glider

Glider /dev/null

He'll probably call it innovation, or a feature :) and claim the GeForce FX 5600 is faster then the 8800 ;)

9. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

true, but the simple fact that he keeps coming back amuses me so much that I can't wait to see the post :D

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I am sorry we all know that Apple invented the Geforce, because MacOS is the choice of top engineers and top programmers and Apple makes the worlds fastest computer. Way faster than any super computers. In fact 1 Mac Book Pro is as fast as all the computer running windows on the planet combined! You guys know nothing! Apple invented the web cam, speakers, music, movies, movie theaters, gaming consoles, Media Center, fire, Instant messaging. Without Apple Computers, you will still be in the stone age!
    Apple is white as it stands for perfections, and glows as it's a god. Apple super power machine created the world in 7 days. What did Microsoft invented? Nothing. Oh, sorry I am wrong, they invented the terms "stealing" and "copying from others"!.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2008
  11. Glider

Glider /dev/null

The hitchhickers guide to the galaxy (well Deep Tought) was wrong...

the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything != 42
    the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything == Apple

12. Ted Landry

Ted Landry What's a Dremel?

Well, let's be accurate... OSX and Apple's hardware was the world's 3rd fastest supercomputer a few years ago, (for 1/3rd the cost of Big Blue Iron) so IBM got scared and they tried to slow Apple's advancements. Steve sent his top engineers into Intel to help them get up to speed, and while Intel couldn't match the speed of PowerPC, a year later Intel was able to finally win the Apple account. (they had tried for decades to do this)

Yes, while Apple lowered their standards and now run custom Intel processors, it continues to bring IBM down... a process that Apple started back in 1976. Today, Apple push Windows market share below 90%, so exciting days are ahead...

13. GoodBytes

What are you talking about Windows fanboy (Ted)! Apple has the fastest computer, not 3rd. See the benchmarks published by Apple Computers! Steve did not send his top engineer, he sent one of the guys that clean the floor! Man! I am disappointed in you!

14. GoodBytes

Ah dam, I double posted. That must be because Bit-tech.net is not using Apple server, but rather Windows! Am I right Ted?

15. Ted Landry

16. GoodBytes

so you are claiming that Apple sucks? AHA! You admit it!

17. Ted Landry

Poor Gareth, doesn't know his PC History.

1) The Altair wasn't a Personal Computer, it was a Hobbyist "Kit"...
    2) CTX didn't have a PC, the Apple ][ was the first to display Color Graphics on a PC.
    3) Again, the Apple ][ was the first PC to come with a Keyboard
    4) Yes, but the Apple ][ was the first with a 5.25 controller and 5.25 Floppy Drive, the Mac 128k was the first with a 3.5 Drive.

(I think you are highly confused between component manufactures and the company that brings it to the "masses"... you might want to reread what I wrote :)

5) No, the concept of the Mouse came from SRI, not Xerox.
    6) No, Xerox "invited" Apple to visit the PARC labs where Jobs and others saw "rough concepts". Today everyone uses the Mac UI, not the Xerox one. Apple paid for the visit so no theft was ever involved. You are talking about Microsoft that was never invited nor paid Xerox.
    7) Plug and Play on the Mac came out in 1984, the PS/2 1987.
    8) The Star System wasn't a PC, it was a extremely expensive Workstation.
    9) Sure, but Apple first made it popular on PCs.
    10) MPEG was a format, not an Architecture that covered sound, video, still images, etc.
    11) Good you got one correct. Apple owns the original patent for FireWire.
    12) Of course it's true, I wouldn't have said it otherwise. The first palmrests on Laptops appeared with Apple's PowerBook 100, 140 and 170 models.
    13) But again, Apple was the first to use it, first to make it popular, now it's a standard.
    14) The Psion wasn't a PDA, it was a PD... the Newton had "Assistance", which oddly enough still hasn't been duplicated to this day.
    15) Actually, I'm way ahead of you. NeXTSTEP which is now named OSX is what allowed Tim to build "www.app", using Interface Builder which still ships with every Mac sold today. So when you type "http" or "www", you have Steve Jobs to thank since his machines brought the world the "World Wide Web"... here is a picture of the first Web Server for your enjoyment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:First_Web_Server.jpg

16) Ah, but it was Apple and Lucent that finalized the 802.11b standard and Apple sold the first Wireless Laptop, the "iBook" in 1999.
    17) But it was never sold on a mass scale like the iPod was... Again you are confusing a few 1,000 units compared to MILLIONS and the injection of a product into mass culture. The iPod did it with fast firewire and the iTunes store and to this day, nobody can match it.

18) Correct, and now the iPhone has passed Windows Mobile as the 3rd top selling Mobile platform.

So you got the Firewire question partially right, but you still lack deep knowledge of this industry. But thanks for trying!!!

Ted

---

18. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Alright, so I've managed to throw out my old relic's of oppression, and gotten myself a shiney, new mac. I feel so awesome now! The world is my goat!

Anyway, took days to get this thing online, as I would enter in my wireless AP password, go to update something, reboot, only to find that it lost my password! Plus, the fact that it keeps asking for my password to do the simplest of things (like change the time on the clock) is starting to piss me off, so I just removed the password altogether from my account.

Another big problem is that none of the games I own work on this stupid thing! Not one! Sure, I could use an emulation environment, but it contains files pioneered by that evil, monopolistic mega-corp microsoft! So no way is that going to happen!

Oh, one thing I do have to ask is: where is the right click? I'm just so used to having an easy to access, contextual menu containing the most commonly used tasks on anything my mouse is pointed at that I kinda feel naked without it! Oh, hold on a tic, that was invented and "brought to the masses" by microsoft! Evil! Never-mind then!

And where is the start menu?

:D

19. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Well Ted maybe I can be like you and just throw **** at a wall and see if it sticks.

1.Windows is more secure than OSX by a large magnitude.
    2. Enterprise users and IT pro's chose windows as thier product of choice.
    3. The only reason OSX appears to be safer is because no one writes viruses for an unpopular OS. Windows has 90ish% market lead.
    4. Your a trolling fanboy that can't produce evidence for your **** spew.
    5. You haven't been effectivly able to rebutil anything.

OH HOLY ****ING CHRIST THOSE ARE ACTUAL FACTS - DAMN BIG FAIL ON MY PART, YOUR SUCCESS IS IMMENSE TED!

*bows to ted*

WAIT ONE LAST TRY!!!

UNIX UNIX UNIX UNIX UNIX UNIX UNIX UNIX

Damn meaningless repetition doesn't work! HOW DO YOU DO IT TED!!!

20. GoodBytes

Where is the third mouse button? The scroll-wheel? the multi-button mouse? Side scrolling? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.