1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Best moments from Left4Dead

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jordan Wise, 27 Nov 2008.

1. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

It was fairly dark when I got back from school today and I heard my Au-pair's baby daughter crying in the other room (no, not abandoned :p) and for a second I thought "****, a witch?!". I havent even played the full game yet. :hehe:

2. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i got up for a piss at like 3am the other day, went into the bathroom and the pipes starting making some weird noises and the first thing that popped into my mind was 'boomer?' :(

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Its only wrong when the guy that ran off runs back, and the tank knocks the safe room doors off its hinges ahaha.

4. EternalIllusion

EternalIllusion What's a Dremel?

:X Didn't know that was possible. Does that make the level restart or something?

5. Stickeh

Erm i know its possible on the safe room you have left when starting a level, ie new level starts run out, tank appears run back, thinking the door is 'safe' and it gets beated in, however i don't know if the tank will follow you in the end safe room or wether it ignores you and chases the guy outside. So i guess it isnt possible...maybe. lol, how do you test?

6. EternalIllusion

EternalIllusion What's a Dremel?

I just always thought that safe rooms were a safe heaven i could always fall back to, and the one place that tanks couldn't get to. Sometimes its fun to piss off a bunch of zombies, then run back to the room and shoot them safely. Until of course someone opens the door and the room gets flooded with the horde lol.

7. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Tanks can only open the starting saferoom door, and only after you take off the bar jamming it shut... The ending saferoom is always safe, as far as I know!

8. Stickeh

HAAH, we just had a tank, COME IN THE ROOM LOL.

End safe room, closed the door, and he was in there with all of us, should have heard me scream.

9. munkyman

munkyman What's a Dremel?

This happened on a recent friends-only server:

We were on blood harvest, in the cornfield before the final evacuation house. We were all in pretty bad shape, with 1 dead, and the rest of us on very low health. All of a sudden, a tank rushes us, and hit Zoey into the tractor, incapacitating her. Louis and I (I was playing Bill) were putting the hurt on the tank, when it just turned around, and threw a rock at Louis.

He went down.

Now, I have had enough by this point, so screaming (THIS IS SPARTA!!!) into my mic, I just ran at the fat thing and began to melee it.

The funniest thing was...IT DIED! Between our group, we had managed to lower it's health low enough to kill it with one melee attack!

For the rest of the day, they called me 'King Leonidas'.

:clap:

10. Stickeh

Awesome, i usually try to melee attack the tank while it is attacking an incapped teammate as you can usually draw it away, that way, nobody has to die!

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I remember I had something similar a few times, I run for the safehouse, back in, close the door, leaving my teammates outside. I turn around *blerg*

12. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

last night

"FOD YOU DISTURBED THE WITCH!"
    "no i didn't!"
    "YEAH IT WAS YOU YOU GOT TOO CLOSE"
    "it says YOU disturbed her!"
    "....oh. oh! yeah, i did kinda ...shoot her in the face"

later!
    "ok let's jump down into the corn field"
    p1: "yay"
    p2: "yay"
    p3: "yay"
    p4: "arrgh!" *dragged off by a smoker*
    we watch helplessly from below.

later!
    "hey get on this tractor it's a good place to defend against the rush!"
    "dude, just run!"
    "no no, this is working! ..... on second thought, yeah it's a bad idea." *incapacitated*

Last edited: 9 Dec 2008
  13. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

On dead harvest last night, we were running to the apc when a tank came charging and icapped francis. Now me being galant and noble, ran to save him, even though he was just a computer. Did the whole rambo thing and got incapped myself. When all of a sudden the only other human playing took off in the apc..... A few "dude?" later and he came up with " I thought it was going to wait for you?" :eyebrow: Teamwork is such a beautiful thing.

EDIT: Did anyone have green tanks on 12/8? It was like getting killed by the hulk!

Last edited: 10 Dec 2008
  14. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Online PC gaming make me smile again last night, and its down to L4D again.
    Expert, last stage of No Mercy, myself, and my mate from Norway, playing with someone from Holland and another from Germany. Getting absolute murdered by hordes and hordes of zombies. Manic laughter in my headphones for a good 10mins, as we restart about 5-6 times.

The last time, 3 of us left, chopper comes, we're all on the ramp, and i'm a few metres behind them. I get pulled back from the others, and a hunter jumps me. They both sod off on the heli and leave me to die :p

I swiftly press Y, and type "Oh you little shits".
    The only reply was more childish laughter, oh how fun it is :D

:D I LOVE L4D.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Versus is a treasure trove of awesome moments - I wandered into the crowd as a boomer, knowing someone would auto-shoot me without thinking.

As soon as I exploded, a tank marched in, then I respawned as a Hunter, and finished off 3 incapped people who just about killed the tank. ^_^

Big team of French friends who had previously badmouthed English people = pwnd. :D

16. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Best bit was online in Versus in Blood Harvest. I was constantly harassing stragglers slowing them down as I spawned twice as a hunter. The rest of my team was a bit daft, so they weren't much help.

When I finally spawned as the tank, one of the hunters managed to slow someone down one inside so two others went back to help him. Well it seemed right at that point a smoker grabbed the lone dude left outside, and a bomber got the people left in the house. I stormed in and cleaned up the rest in the house.

However there are a lot of good moments in that game, but I'd have to say playing as zombies and playing well seems to take the cake.

17. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Versus earlier today - we were playing no mercy, and had just managed to fight off the other team at the scissor lift, when a smoker dragged a bot from my team off the roof. Being a total idiot, I went down to rescue him and was promptly incapacitated by about 50 zombies!

The other two guys on my team killed off all the enemies, then decided to drop down to help me and the bot back up, forgetting that they were quite low on health themselves, and it's quite a long drop... First Louis drops down and dies from the fall, then half a second later, Francis. Our team lost even though none of the other team were spawned at the time :p

18. MR BUNGLE

MR BUNGLE Shoddymodder

- Played through Dead Air for the first time the other day with a mate (splitscreen, easy).
    Got to the final stand with lots of health after dispatching the first Tank - the plane was nearly refuelled and we were feeling pretty chuffed.

All of a sudden, "Zoey is incapacitated" flashes up, and half a second later, our screens go black.

- A Tank had chucked a lump of concrete at us and killed all 4 of us all in one go!
    ****ing AI Director!

- Next time, my mate and the bots ****ed off into the plane while I got cornered by a Tank.

19. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Finished Dear Air on Advanced last night, well proud of myself! I remember complaints about the difficulty of the finales on Advanced when the game came out, I don't know if they subtley made it easier or I just got better, but it wasn't too bad!

Awesome teamwork moment though, we were all on the refuling van blazing away when a smoker drags me underneath the plane, only to surrounded by zombies. I thought I was a gonna, but then the whole team leap off the van (all strangers I might add) and came and saved me. Two got incapped in the process, and one was on <10% health, but we eventually defeated the zombie horde and got to our feet just before the tank strolled around the corner. Amazingly managed to defeat it and leap aboard! Hurray for the glory of the human spirit!

I do wish the finales would be a bit more varied though. They are becoming too predictable: horde, tank, horde, tank, resuce (with horde and tank). You start knowing exactly when to heal, exactly when to do ammo runs, all of it. A bit of variation wouldn't go amiss.

20. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Bit suprised to hear that, i seen loads of comments saying how varied the game was and how no to game runs were the same and how unpredictable it was. I havent got the game myself but will be my first 1 when i build my new pc