1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Vote for your Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Bit annoying to jump through the registration process instead of just being able to use the forum login. I visit this site multiple times per day, so I don't need you to fill my inbox :p
    Still, made my votes, now to unsubscribe =/
    I hope you guys are going to give your opinion as well, although it'll be interesting to see what the bit tech reader base values.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Its just occurred to me that between DRM, playing old games (kotor) and playing TF2 (an awful lot) i've only bought two games this year, Audiosurf and l4d and only played about 6. Piracy isn't killing the games industry Valve is :D

4. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

i cant even choose 3, the only 2 on there i play regularly are gta4 and GRID, i wouldnt vote for gta as im really bored of it now so that leaves on game off that list lol. still really into COD4 and forza2 online and also DIRT

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Casted my vote, and was already subscribed to the newsletter.

Sam

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Entered.

GO AUDIOSURF!

7. Dizman

Dizman What's a Dremel?

I'm kind of annoyed that I have to register for the newsletter to vote. I come here every day and subscribe to two of your rss feeds, I don't need the newsletter. I'm used to **** like that from a lot of other sites, but I never would have guessed you guys.

8. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

I don't like newsletters so thats to bad. Ihaven't played so many of these games anyway so it wouldn't be right for me to vote. but fallout 3 was one for sure. red alert 3 was good too but no friends play it :(, and Grid had a boring campain :( it was a difficult list!

9. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Should we be logged in to Rockstar Social Club to be able to vote? :wallbash:

Not wanting to be nagging here, but it really feels similar. Why susbscribe to a newsletter to cast a vote, especially if i already have a site account? :confused:

Anyway, more on topic, i voted WOG, FO3 and ME, as those are the games that kept me busy the most. Well, apart from GTA IV, but i refuse to vote on that.

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ill vote only Lord Of The Ring Online: Moria expansion...

11. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I shall have to skip this. I have a browser window for bit, I signed up for the newsletter before but found it was no use to me.

12. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

GTAIV, GRID, and i havent decided on the other yet. also agree with the DRM issue raised above (lol)

i visit every day, and like others above, receive RSS feeds for the main site and the hardware columns, no need for additional emails.

13. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i voted but none of those games once completed have i returned to, command and conquer i didnt even finish, i think its been a poor year for games.

14. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

1. Sign up for newsletter and get site account

2. Activate account and vote for my games of the year

3. sign into my account and remove newsletter sending

4.?????

5. PROFIT!

15. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, more than a bit annoying to register. Sorry, but I gave a different email, and I'd rarely give my exact DOB over the internet. Why do you need it?

Anyways... I also haven't played more than 2 of the games properly on the PC. Only one I could really vote for was World Of Goo, but that was far from perfect. As for the console, it has to be Braid for me. Absolutely fantastic game.

16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

L4D, Mass Effect and The Witcher. I feel it's not fair because i didn't played all the ones i want. I am yet to try before buy (aka Torrent) GTA4. If it runs smoothly in my rig, i'll buy. Even if its not that great, but just to support the series. "IF" it runs smoothly...

RA3 and Crysis Warhead are total fail IMO. Spore is a half way there (too repetitive). Below those three mentioned above would be FO3, Far Cry 2 and DMC4.

I wish to play Dead Space and World of Goo anytime soon.
    Thats it :D

EDIT: Something in steve_mcg's avatar tells me he did vote in L4D too....

17. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I cba to sign up but I would vote for L4D.

18. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Oh my goodness. I havent played a single one of those games. I'm ashamed of myself :(

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The newsletter is 1 weekly email. It's hardly armageddon, is it? Sheesh :rolleyes:

Entered.. :)

20. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

So how about:

1. vote for my games of the year

2.?????

3. PROFIT!

Hint: I (and other people that posted above me) wouldn't mind half as much if there would be an actual point to step 1, 2a, and 3. It looks like a simple marketing push at the moment. If it is, fine, but where is that fabled Bit-Tech honousty?

[EDIT]: some elaboration to keep the discussion proper:
    Also agreed on the fact that receiving BT-newsletters is no big deal, nor is turning them off. However, i keep being pestered bith "no big deals" the last half year in increasing amounts, and almost always i keep being reassured how small of a deal it really is and that my data will be used with discretion and that there will be no impact on my user experience at all, but NEVER EVER is the one real question being answered: Why? What's in it for me? If the deal for me is that it helps keep BT profitable, great! It just irritates me to no end that i'm being coerced into "small effort" after "only takes 5 minutes" without an honoust justification.

You guys set high standards up untill now, so the expectations are likewise.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2008
    notatoad likes this.