1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Hiper Alloy keyboards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. spenc259

spenc259 in the build stage!!!

hey i have a hiper keyboard that i got a couple of years back...it looks just like the ones in the pics. the one that i have is very good...

3. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

4. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ignore the above, it's back up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Making the 2nd image large, with a click, leads to another error, the link shows "2jpg" and not "2.jpg", someones stolen the fullstop :p

6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Looks pretty good :thumb:

8. dylAndroid

dylAndroid is human?

The bending is a dealbreaker for me. It otherwise looks really good, and the thinness would be useful for my next build.

The double height Enter is particularly useful if you've got a mutant growth on your right pinky.

9. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

The non-standard layout is a deal breaker for me, only exception is for a HTPC wireless keyboard.

10. makkone-

makkone- Gentlemen.

I bought Apple alu-keyboard at spring, and i think its the best keyboard i've ever had. It's a tad expensive (atleast in here Finland), but it is definately worth the price.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I have the Logitech Illuminated. It also have the problem of bending in the middle.

It's not something you'll ever notice while typing, though.

It looks damn good to make up for it. :)

Only drawback is that they have combined the F-buttons and the media keys. (They have an "fn-key" to switch between the two.) Not that I use the f-keys that much, but it would be nice to have both anyway. The media keys doesn't work 100% with Winamp either. That's a software bug, though.

12. koola

koola Minimodder

Yeah, it's a top keyboard that's very well designed and compact. It's also the best I've ever had :D

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The layout of the first one is virtually identical to my cheap Microsoft keyboard, except the space bar is enlarged on the ms one. For less than a tenner the ms is actually excellent.

14. Toka

Toka Minimodder

I use an enermax aurora keyboard and love it to bits :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...ra Premium Brushed Aluminium Keyboard - Black

The keys have a very short stroke a la laptop keyboard and typing (I 'work' on HJT log forums, always lots of typing!) is much quicker on this keyboard then my last more traditional ones. Its nice and heavy, it has a shallow angle of slope from the desk that makes it easy for me to use. Its durable, the extra usb slots are handy, and its not cluttered up with 'uber gaming featurez' which is a personal preference but great for me :)

15. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

A nice attempt and nice boards for the price but I think I'll stick with my Ikari SteelSeries G7.

16. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

I still prefer my logitech ultraX keyboard but I usually tend to try different keyboards in a store to check if there are some nicer ones...

17. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I resent that the lcd features on my g15 'rarely' see use!
    I use all of the extra functions daily, the lcd screen shows me whos in teamspeak, joins disconnects and who's talking, it shows me fps in graph form(not very exciting!), and processor heat which atm is a clincher as it seems to be overheating regularly.

The 'G' (macro) keys are bound to moving around teamspeak channels, changing volume in teamspeak and jumping to favourite channels.

18. Matticus

Matticus ...

About this bend... Will I find myself bending the keyboard every time I type a sentence?

Is it the sort of bend that once you realise it is there you keep pressing the "G" key (its pretty central) to make the keyboard bend, kind of like when you realise there is a bit of thread hanging off a piece of clothing and you don't stop tugging at it until you have unravelled the whole thing...?

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

is it backlit? I'd like a nice thin simple keyboard that is backlit, but they seem to be hard to find.

20. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

the best alloy keybaord was the coolermaster Q alloy keyboard. it was waaay ahead of its time. nice aluminium finish, full sized layout with laptop keys, and nice bloo leds (which i replaced with white ones)

shame they've stopped making them though; they were great,

Tags: Add Tags