1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The "I hate wow" anti-thread derail thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bogomip, 15 Dec 2008.

1. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Alright then. From the off I am going to say, I like World of Warcraft. I have the willpower to stop when I have university work to do, or even to go out with friends. People will claim that I don't, but these people dont know me, so **** them.

Something I dont like is the small minority of Bit-Tech who take every ****ing opportunity to de-rail threads designed for world of warcraft players. If you hate it so much, we really dont care. You obviously love it enough to take every small opportunity to tell everybody how much you hate it no matter how off topic it is, im sure Freuid (sp?) would have a field day.

Anyway, this thread is for dislikers of wow to unite.

This isn't a discussion for people who like WoW, we have our own threads with specific titles where we may want to participate in relevant discussion. If you love wow, please stay out of this thread. I for one will not be participating. If anybody wants a discussion between the likers and the haters, you may start your own relevant thread and then everybody can participate.

PLEASE STOP HIJACKING THREADS

Thank you

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Where the hell did this come from? *Looks around* Nope, not seen a WoW thread in a while, much less one that has been "hi-jacked" any more than any other thread that is about a game that not everyone likes, such as Halo 3.

EDIT: Oh I see it now, must have missed that one. Still, I think you're overreacting a bit.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2008
  3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Wow, he came out of the ether. I've lost friends to wow, never to surface :'(

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

No you don't.

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

I think perhaps you are taking the joking comments a little too seriously.

I assume you are talking about the wow guild thread, the comments were playful at most. Any other game that gets discussed people make comments whether they like it on or and no one takes offence to it. People who play wow seem to become a little too attached to it and any comment on it becomes a comment on them.

I would make a reverse Freudian example, but I am not here to start an argument .

I have never played wow one reason being that I think I probably won't like it, the other reason being that I would like it a little too much.

6. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

http://www.trywarcraft.com/

Go on, you know you want to :lol:

7. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

hahaha

< opens popcorn >

this is funny stuff, +1 for bogomip.

i personally love WOW, its the best thing evar, and i wouldn't have had sex not half as many times if i had never played it.

:D

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i have nothing against WoW, but i do hate MMORPG in general with a passion.

it's boring, it's life-sucking, it's repetitive and it creates a false sense of achievement.

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I've tried really hard to like WoW, but have been unsuccessful and have thus given up on it.
    Besides, it is utterly ruined by the illiterate pre-pubescent hordes that have continously populated WoW for the entirety of it's existence.

EVE Online on the other hand - now that's a MMORPG!
    But work makes online gaming hard these days, and I tend to stick to games that do not require me to log on and grind mining for the next 6 hours! Fallout 3 for instance, has firmly grabbed hold of my attention and is not letting go in the foreseeable future.

10. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Can't we have an "I'm utterly indifferent to World of Warcraft as I've never been compelled to play it but I don't really care about people discussing it if they want to it's a free country" thread instead?

11. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I'm having trouble with this title. Is that a double negative? surely it should be:
    The "I hate wow" anti-derail thread

WoW is not a game that interests me, for all of the reasons mentioned above and below. Buuut, I'm still playing Sid Meier's Pirates!, so what do I know.

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

@Silver51

Pirates! was good fun, though I think it'd feel a little too dated for me these days. Still have my copy though. :)

Oh, and this is the first time I've identified a fellow Lexx fan. Good man! :D

13. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Lexx is pretty awesome. It took ages to find anywhere that sold a complete box set. Fortunately, Australia still presses disks.

14. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Pirates is my fall back time sink when i cba with twitchy modern games there is little better than sailing round sinking the English.... :worried:

Only problem with it is it doesn't like my 16:10 monitor.

15. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

sotruesotruesotruesotruesotruesotruesotrue.

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

The simple explanation as to why I dislike WoW is because I enjoy games with, you know, actual endings. ;)

17. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

i love this thread

18. Doc

Doc oops.

Yep, all it takes for me is...

[​IMG]

Not even Ultima Online got that kind of attention ;)

19. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Strange thread. So polarised.

It's a game. It's not addictive, or life sucking. If you are busy, then don't join a raiding guild, and PvP instead. Simple. If you don't like it, then fine.. if you do, then fine.

Tbh... the "Anti" and the "pro" WoW people are as bad as each other. I posted asking if there was a Bit Tech WoW guild... a simple "No" would have sufficed :)

One rarely sees people asking about Fallout 3 and getting such a polarised response. I suppose that the bigger, and more popular things become, the more people will offer a stronger opinion about it.

I like it. I play it sometimes for hours and hours at a stretch... then may not touch it for weeks... pretty much like any other game really.

20. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I don't know about anyone else, but I've lost friends to WoW. We haven't fallen out or anything, it's just that they don't go out anymore. Even our regular D&D/Cybernet nights got blown off because people were needed for guild runs. If you give them a choice of guild run or pub, they go for the run.

Left 4 Dead made then stop playing WoW for about a fortnight, but now they're back in. Perhaps it's not addictive in a proven chemical way, but it does change people.

I once watched one of them mine awesomeite to forge a codpiece or something. They ran between the same three rocks for over an hour, and paid good money for the privilege to do so.