1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Hiper Alloy keyboards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Dec 2008.

1. zelachang

zelachang What's a Dremel?

I'm on my second Saitek Eclipse in about 4 years, and I have another in my closet for when this when inevitably dies. Given the abuse that my keyboards receive (chocolate syrup and other sticky liquids), thats a pretty good track record. Pretty simple layout with backlit keys and a reasonably price is all I ask for.

2. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Oh yeah, these are nice aluminum-topped keyboards. I don't care for laptop-style keys myself, but I just modded one of the standard Claviars with a raspberry purple-sparkle top for a commissioned build over at Mod Bros. I was impressed with the quality of the board!

3. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

If you need a backlit keyboard, your room lighting is too dim and giving you eyestrain. You should seriously consider getting a desk lamp instead of a keyboard.

If it's just aesthetic, of course, you can ignore me.

I applaud the huge variety available in keyboards, but they are all completely useless to me. Now, once people start doing interesting things with ergonomic boards, then I'll be interested. Right now there's Microsoft, Logitech, and really, really expensive stuff. Be nice to have some middle ground.

4. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

lights are off. I dont like lights on. better picture quality with them off.

But I guess having a lamp behind my monitor wouldnt be a bad idea heh?

EDIT: this isnt too shabby. i had a lamp in my room actually but never used it. I put it behind my monitor now and its good. Dont need backlighting on my keyboard now. :) Only problem is the heat it gives off. :( After 3minutes its hot to touch already.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2008
  5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

They do look nice, but it's a shame the keys themselves are still plastic, and it's a shame there's no backlights. Apart from that though; quite sexy.

6. RostokMcSpoons

RostokMcSpoons What's a Dremel?

I've got a G15 and really the only problem with it is the huge size... As a gamer I want my hands to fall naturally shoulder-width apart when in "WASD + mouse in middle of big mousemat" position. Which I can't really do with the G15. I'd like a 'G14' instead..keep the LCD (brilliant with SirReal's utility) lose the macro keys (or just have 5 of 'em, next to the LCD), lose the keypad (or make it so it can be detached), and make the whole thing have the style of one of these Hiper keyboards.

Bingo! ... my perfect keyboard

Tags: Add Tags