1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PlayStation Home hacked already

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I look forward to this failure of a non-game falling apart.

Can we get a countdown, and some champagne?

3. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Anybody else want to make a social system for 14million players and guarentee they wont have issues? Cmon seriously it seems to be the in thing at the moment to bash sony and its getting lame.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Whats getting lame is Sony's attempts to innovate. Home is an epic example of boardroom game design.

5. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Wow Sony seems to have managed to release a 3D IRC client years after it was tried and failed on the PC, well done boys, give yourself a bonus

Kimbie

6. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

Have to agree. give it a achance. at least its free!

7. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Yeah. Personally I've no interest in this kind of thing and think it looks dated and boring but lots of people like this sort of thing so I reckon we can't judge it yet. It may fly it may not, we'll just have to wait and see.

8. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I tried HOME, couldn't get login without getting network errors, so gave up and went back to LBP.

9. Major

Major Guest

HOME will be huge, fact.

10. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

this message brought to you by Sony PR division, you can't argue with facts people.

I'm a little confused as to what Home is supposed to be, is it a place to que to play non games whilst waiting for people to turn up to play other non home games, a place to wander round aimlessly looking at adverts? Second life without the customisation? or a place to dance aimlessly? I still don't get the final aim for home

11. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

I tried it last Friday and the only good thing I can say is the view outside the windows was pretty. The characters were ugly as hell. I'm talking even worse than Oblivion... They could have made them look like the people in Sims 2 or hell even Sims 1! Funny thing is, I tried to make an "Oriental" character, and I couldn't do it with the adjustments, even with the advanced ones. This thing was made in Japan right?
    I tried playing the spaceship game for about 3mins. That got lame quick. They could have at least included some kind of sound reactive theme, and a jukebox that you can play music from your collection. Maybe a fishtank that you can zoom in on, feed, and just it run like a screensaver.

12. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

god, i hope not. i really can't see the point of these "games" at all.

13. Major

Major Guest

I personally think it could become something huge, if approached correctly.

14. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Its Second Life without customizations with external game support.

15. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

What about MS's attempts? Their avatars are ridiculously mimicked to Mii's, yet they are happily welcomed (even though it's not free) and they've had to delay most of their social NXE offerings to next quarter.....at least Sony is attempting to innovate rather than not at all even it you don't agree with they're doing....I will give Sony a year to update this open beta before I even start bashing it....there's tons of potential and content will be coming soon....don't get me wrong though, I honestly don't care for it and would rather they added all of the essentials of XBL to PSN before they unveiled this....oh well...

Actually, it was made in Europe.

Exactly, and the only way we can truly know if Sony can do this is to give it the time it needs (I'm giving it a year max) considering it's a free, open beta

16. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

I'm afraid I'm not at Home.

17. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

by this definition of hacking, i've hacked almost every website i've ever visited using adblock.

18. koola

koola Minimodder

+1

19. kurokami

kurokami What's a Dremel?

Screw Microsoft. The appeal of online communities can only grow as we spend more time connected. The only issue is whether Sony can make Home from being a novlety for the PS3 into an integral part of the console. Start up your PS3 and you're immediately logged into your personal space. Everything else--surfing, shopping, booting up games--start from there. Of course, that means they'll have to sort of all these network (server overload, for eg) and user interface issues (better keyboard support etc).

What I particularly didn't like is that they still segregate users based on region. If this were a truly online community, then players from Asia should be able to interact with someone from, say, Japan. Time to really go global, Sony.

Other than that, I like what I saw in Home thus far, and if Sony can work on the issues and expand the user base (ie, up PS3 sales), this has potential.

Regardless of what Microsoft thinks.

Tags: Add Tags