1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Yeah, I've done some stupid ones with the contacts like that.
    I (at least) once put my contacts in, and then put on my glasses. That was easy to figure out however. :D (related to all the where's my glasses stories, while wearing them.)

I had to read this thread from start to finish last night after stumbling upon it... It's great to know that I'm not the only one who has done some of this stuff. :D Reading it has brought back some (repressed) memories.

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I wore contacts for a while (don't need glasses, borrowed a friends coloured ones) apparently my eyes don't like them, went bright red for a day after.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Ooh, knee cringe right there.

4. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Let that be a lesson learned. Even if you're 100% sure, NEVER ask. What for some other poor sap to ask or until they tell you!

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I avoided this thread for as long as I could... I have done soooo many stupid things it would take a lifetime to recount them all:

I once tried to light a candle with a torch/flashlight (maglite).

I was jumping over the hole in the foundations for our house where the fireplace was going to go and knocked a massive concrete block over with one foot onto the other foot and severed my big toe. Luckily I didn't break any bones and after being bandaged up for a while it healed fine, but I cut all the nerve endings so can't feel anything in that toe now.

I was running around the scaffolding for our garage without realising the level suddenly changed around a corner and brained myself on the scaffolding that was forehead height.

I went off into a daydream at work whilst filling my cup with boiling water from the urn. Poured it all over my hand, but as there were managers behind me I walked calmly to my desk and sat down before squealing (kind of under my breath) and running off to the cold tap.

I'm forever opening stuff and putting the item in the bin and keeping the packaging in my hands.

I got home drunk a few summers ago and stepped out of the cab into a pothole (private road, no tarmac, like the moon). My ankle gave way but instead of just falling, my drunken brain thought holding on to the cab door would be a better idea. So after spinning round and shutting the cab door I realised I couldn't walk. I'd twisted my knee really badly and couldn't straighten my leg fully for 2 years. About a month or so later I went to the Beer Festival and tried to sit on the grass with my friends. Realised I couldn't do it but it was too late and I collapsed landing fully on my wrist. It took a week to start healing and as soon as it felt better a girl in the pub slammed a door shut on it :wallbash:

When we were building our house we had to live in a caravan for almost a year, it did really strange things to my brain. Every time my alarm clock went off I'd wake up trying to climb out of a window.

There are soooo many more, but I'll leave it there for now.

6. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Ouch, sounds like you hurt your knee pretty badly.

You just reminded me of another stupid thing I did. I turned my coffee maker on but forgot to put a mug underneath it. When I came back into the room there was coffee pouring off my table onto the carpet >.<

7. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Someone forgot to compensate for perspective:
    [​IMG]

It may still fit (I doubt it), but it would be a very tight squeeze.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2008
  8. Valo

Valo Minimodder

umm... I was eating some really hot chili vietnamese stuff and apparently some remnants of the burning stuff of chili remained on my hands after dinner. Oblivious of that I went on and proceeded to move the lens around in my eye as it seemed to have stuck. Burned like hell

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Uhh... deleting your source code isn't much less helpful than deleting the entire folder.

(Yes, I did that once. And then I learned how sloppy my backups were)

10. Sanction

Sanction What's a Dremel?

When was about 10 or so I was sitting on the porch flicking a pocket knife into a board at my feet. After the 4th or 5th flick I stuck it about an inch into my leg.

I jumped off an embankment into a pile of old boards at the same time I thought to myself that there might be nails in them. My surmise proved correct when I landed.

I thought I would be cool to do a burnout while giving my girlfriend her first ride on my motorcycle. Didn't consider that extra weight = extra traction. Wasn't very cool after all.

Bounced a three-wheeler across a ditch by the hayfield... didn't notice my step-dad had strung a single strand of electrified wire (conveniently at neck height) earlier to keep the neighbor's cows out. Fortunately I wasn't going very fast.

I dropped my bike while turning on sand and bent the shift lever... drove it in first gear a couple miles to my step-dad's shop for tools. While trying to pry the shift lever out I grabbed the forks for leverage but they turned. So I grabbed the next conveniently round vertical protrusion... the VERY hot exhaust header. The funny thing is it was so hot I didn't feel it until I tried to pull my hand off and found it stuck there. The moral of that story is... If you're going to grab a white hot exhaust header with your bare hand, spray it with non-stick cooking spray before.. it will make the trip to the hospital easier.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Attempted to jump over a fence... misjudged distance, impaled myself through my left knee (in one side, out the other) on said fence.

Managed to sorta pull myself off it, but lost balance before tip exited bottom of my knee/leg, and I tipped forward, ripped the skin from my knee to halfway up my thigh.. ran home spewing blood everywhere and passed out from blood loss on porch of my house after slamming door open.

Woke up 2 weeks later in my bed at home with giant staples and stitches on the underside of my left thigh and on my knee.

:)

12. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

I did the same thing after trying "the source". A friend of mine bought a bottle, and I tried a bit on my finger the size of a pinhead :jawdrop: about 30 minutes later I needed a piss, I never want to go through that again.

13. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

OK, I just had to post this stupid thing I KEEP doing... on an almost daily basis I forget to turn the heat off when I leave the house for work in the morning. Nine+ hours later when I return home from work, the house is nice and toasty, but it's not helping the wallet.

I blame it on just rolling out of bed, into the shower, into clothes and out the door. I'm gonna put a sign on the front door saying "Heater, Dummy!" Hope that helps.

14. Molajoku

Molajoku What's a Dremel?

I have a sign like that but to remind me to turn the lights off in my car :)

15. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Haha, used to do that all the time, till i changed the switches to toggle's with leds in the end, now i can tell its on from the inside! haha.

@ModMinded: Why don't you just get your heater on a timer?

16. Trash_Master

Trash_Master Fire in the hole!!

i have done the "pick up the girlfriend by the bus" trick and she came running in to my arms.. all very romantic until i found out that the masiv weight of all the books she had in her backpack didnt stop just because she did! so i got run over by my own girlfriend on the public street! and yes ppl around did look and laugh!

also forgot my apartment key in the apartment and the apartment has a self locking door :duh:

17. gar

gar Minimodder

18. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Still think that bottom rightmost bollard is fake, as all the other bollards have a sunken square arond them, where the slab needs to be laid, but this last one doesnt seem to have that...

stupid builders otherwise xD

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I once walked to my local bus stop to catch a bus into work. 1 hour later the bus arrived late, but more to the point, i remembered it was Bank Holiday Monday, so buses where running hourly, not every 15 mins...woops

Sam

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Spend $20 and get a thermostat with a timer. I got a battery-operated one for the gas stove when our power was out for a week (!) so the pipes didn't freeze. Took about five minutes to install and another two to program.