1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The best thing that happened/done to you in 08?

Discussion in 'General' started by DorkSterr, 1 Jan 2009.

1. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Mines, After saving up for almost 5-6 months I finally got enough to build my current computer and it was fulfilling!!

2. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

Tough question this, to me 2008 feels like I have done nothing at all. But the most notable thing is becoming a adult instructor in the ACF. I hope my 09 will be better.

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Buying my RX8 :p

Gf is a close second.. but RX8 never argues and never says No :hehe:

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I lived through the whole year, Signed the papers to buy my Son and granddaughter a house last January (safe and secure now), Spent many enjoyable hours sharing the reptiles, their purchase, and upkeep with my lady/wife Marilyn and our 15 yr. old son. Did some modding and improved my skills and interacted with many of the people here. And I just enjoyed life!

john

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Went for a balloon flight. Went to Pembrokeshire. Woke up to a snow covered landscape in the middle of nowhere. Best of all is sharing it with you's guys (and gals).

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Got my Job :D

7. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

June 5th, 2008. Best day ever!
    [​IMG]

8. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Moved to a great city near the infamous Green Bay Packers. Not that I am a huge fan or anything, but its fun to have the bragging rights :D

Also met a great photographer, hoping to start a photo club thing. :)

9. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Ummm... Got my guitar, new pc, new monitor... ROFL!!! I'm only 17 so all material stuff...

Actually, on a serious note... My co-op at school, me and 6 other students are in a special broadcasting program at school and we are in an even more special called the "Special high skills major" where we get a special certificate with our diploma when we graduate, and we learn a lot of stuff, work with equipment that other students in the video production class could only dream off... we have a small "control room" filled with audio and video equipment, and 4 decent mac's to edit movies and photos, and 1 older emac to broadcast news through apples version of powerpoint.. Every morning we do live video feed from our "studio" to the entire school... consists of 2 camera people, 2 anchors (one for regular stuff, one for school sports) one person running audio board, one running playback for our bumpers between anthem, prayer, main news, and sports, and one person running the switch boards to go between the mac that runs playback, and the two cameras and live feed... We all switch roles every week, and i've got 3 more weeks left of school and than I'm done with the program...

The importance of this... Looks great on my application for university, and I love doing this kinda stuff!

Also, grew closer to my family, have great friends, I'm happy.

10. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Returned to school after a 21 years. Hopefully I have the endurance to get a bachelors or better.

11. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I love going to the beach too.

It's a hard list this year, all sorts of **** has happened - girlfriend, exams, uni, moving out, a fantastic cycling club and friends associated, new friends, etc.

ElThomsono likes this.
  12. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Got a new car. Mazda 3 GT 2009. And no more girlfriend. Its amazing how much money I have now..

13. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

@tThacrudd
    I remember replying to that picture. Still looks like a good memory.

john

14. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

Although some people might see this as a bad thing, but my girlfriend of two years broke up with me a week and a half before Christmas. It made me realize just how much she isn't worth the time and how much I can do better. Of course at first I was crushed, but now I'm great! I'm really excited to move on and meet someone who is worth my time.

Other then that, doing well in college, just meeting so many new people who have helped me in so many ways, and just simply becoming a more independent person.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

my Accord early in 2008
    my pc near the end of 2008
    being done with classes and exams. In 2009 I have a final project and then I am pretty much done with school :D. By the end of 2009 I should have a real job, shtload of cash and some free time ! YESSSSSS

16. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

Moved out of my parents house mid August to a different state for a new job(obligatory one).
    Hadn't got a social life since. 90% of my free time spent alone. Reading books, watching movie downloads, sitting at beach by myself watching others have fun.

All the suckyness now made me forget any of the good stuff in 2008 that happened prior to that date.

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

A lot has happened in 2008 for me, some highs and a few lows. However I'll just put the top 3:

> Hot air balloon ride over Egypt
    > Moving in with Bindi
    > Forged closer family ties.

18. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Starting up my business, Having a proper holiday (first since '95!) and finding out were going to be having a baby in may, so also something to look forward to.

Thanks to the guys and gals here who have given help ad advice over the past year.

19. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Sorry to hear that C0nker, keep your head up, and eyes open for opportunities. It can be hard to meet new people in a new place... look online for like minded folks or join a class or a group related to an interest you have!

Moving in with Bindi, eh? That's in the highs section? (kidding, kidding) Funny how moving out can form stronger family ties. :D

I'll have to say that the good stuff for me this year has been getting Obama elected, watching my nephew develop into a toddler, and getting into modding, thanks to the good folks here at bit-tech. Yeah, there were sucky bits... I'm gonna not dwell on them, and instead will take the advice I gave C0nker myself.

20. thermalnightmare47

thermalnightmare47 What's a Dremel?

got my truck ['98 Chevy k3500]
    quit my job[and finally telling off my boss]
    signing up for UTI