1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Best PC Game in Offline Mode

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dinjo_jo, 5 Jan 2009.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Fallout 3 take about 6-12 hours to do the main quest and +60 hours to do all the side quest

I really like it :thumb:

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This.

( + System Shock series :D)

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Sins Of A Solar Empire.
    With the new expansion, entrenchment, this game just got a whole lot better.
    The ability to setup some proper defences now, has transformed this game. Plenty of Skirmish mode lovin to be had here.:D

4. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Gonna go with Fallout 3. Tons of stuff to do, so many ways to do it.

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

portal was a short fun one.. since all the other ones were mentioned- the witcher is also a very good quality single player game with a good ending (the smirk on his face after he chops off that doods arms- tell they put alot of love into that game)

mass effect after beating it and getting the chicks in that game (granted it's no witcher lol) you'll probably want to find the end game music.. it just fits that game so well

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I have dial up so offline games are pretty much what i do. Rainbow six Vegas 1 and 2 are fun, dead space is fun, all tho not my style of game. obviously fall out 3, oblivion. mass effect, i liked it but i have to admit i felt restricted in the game. not gonna bother mentioning half life series.

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

System Shock 2
    Thief,
    Deus Ex,
    NOLF 1 + 2
    Pre EA C&C Games,
    Warcraft 3,
    Max Payne 1 +2
    Fallout 1 - 3
    Orange Box
    Tropico (sandbox mode)
    Codename Panzers

8. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I would add red alert 3 to that list, also bioshock.

9. Seraphim2150

Seraphim2150 Non-Modder

I'd go for any of the total war games. The campaign is one of the best and longest i've ever played, perfect for a long trip wihtout internet.

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

If you're into mildly old game, there's the Homeworld series. Flatout/2 is a good laugh.

11. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

if your into a space combat sim rather than true FPS. checkout freespace, freespace silent threat and freespace 2. Tons of fun. And if you get it from gog.com it will work on vista :D

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Freelancer was also great. a very easy to learn space sim

13. thehippoz

freelancer still has some servers since ms shutdown theirs =] I was hardcore freelancer when it first came out- mainly roid raging people.. it's one of those games that flew under the radar.. probably the best space shooter I've ever played though.. allegiance was alot more realistic (I believe they still have 1 server up) but it wasn't as much fun dogfighting as freelancer

I mean there was actual skills in freelancer.. I could take on 1v5 in many instances and get away on afterburner cut engines and eat all the hornets flying backwards =] stalking was pretty advanced also.. like you could shoot out trade lanes in the middle of nowhere- and track a guy by which sector he happened to be in.. then gamble he would use that lane.. it was always roid rage when a freighter *** dropped out of warp in your trade lane with a cargo full of diamonds.. you give them the ultimatum, give up the goods or become space dust.. the hacks are what really sucked though

14. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

oh man, freelancer. For a MP game it had great potential. But as far as sp goes it was kinda weak imho. For 1 you can't mount any level 10 weapons until after the story line is finished which kinda sucks. But on the other hand i have played on some mod servers that were really awesome.

VOID (thy're still running)
    Colors UK
    Asgard
    Terminator 24/7

really awesome game as a whole. But for me it's still freespace. As i loved Wing Commander and freelancer / alligiance just didn't have that same feeling.

15. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Monkey Island 2 or Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis bring back the fondest of memories for me, maybe that's because I'm old.

16. thehippoz

yeah the single player wasn't too great.. but you gotta admit the opener was pretty sick for it's time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHAPSs5XrSQ&feature=related

that guys voice sucks you into the story.. you have no choice lol

the mp is just the best ever imo =]

17. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

Fallout 3 isn't much fun to play.

18. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

:jawdrop:

It started off a bit slow, but man did it get fun after that.

I'd recommend Half-Life 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, Civ 4, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes...
    Can't think of too much else... if you didn't like Fallout 3, I'm assuming you wouldn't like Elder Scrolls...

19. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

ya, the opening was pretty slick. Now i want to play it again :)

I even made some silly ships for it. One was an itty bitty cube. It was so small it looked like a ball of flying guns.

20. hypnoticstate

hypnoticstate What's a Dremel?

Assassin's Creed!!!!!! Love that game. Wish it was available as an online game though. Can't wait for AC2.