1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows L4D Tricks

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sorvas, 8 Jan 2009.

1. sorvas

sorvas What's a Dremel?

Ok, lets c what everyone knows about these "tricks" (expert only)

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Perhaps learn to play better, expert isn't impossible, and does not require cheats to complete.

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

What "Tricks"?

4. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

I'm sick of people using exploits, my last team member that used one infront of me got an automatic shotgun to the face. I'd rather win honestly with a man down

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Would this be things like jumping down from the roof at the start of no mercy?

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

If it is, its hardly a hack ;) I do that everytime pretty much. Its just a better leap.

7. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Stuff like breaking through the shutters on No Mercy to get inside the building, to me, don't seem like a hack. I think they put that there on purpose.

8. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Thats bull

9. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i had people do that in a game i was in once, but i didn't jump down. seemed pointless tbh, does it just bypass part of the level or...?

10. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

What shutters? o_O

It bypasses going through the house, but it's a valid tactic, providing you're willing to take a health loss and potentially killing yourself if you miss

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The house is easy, I've done it with zero health lost on expert (on 360 even).

12. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

aye, that's what i figured -- especially when one person attempted it and fell straight to their death :D

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Ahh... like end of no mercy when you go to the top of a certain building and fall onto a ledge where only tanks who throw rocks or jump up, hunters, or smokers can get you from? I went to answer the radio call and a team mate comes on the mic yelling COME TO THE LEDGE OR YOUR GONNA DIE, DON'T BE NOOB... I've beaten the level on normal and advanced both on and off the ledge, and off the ledge is a lot more exciting and challenging... What's the point of playing expert if you plan to skip parts of it, and use exploits just to say you beat it... If your gonna beat it, go through all of it...

14. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

On the sewers level of no mercy when you need to go through the warehouse, you can smash a set of shutters at the opposite end of the loading dock from the electric cherry picker your meant to use.

I've only seen one team do it but my team was too disorganised to any thing about it. Its quite effective since is cuts out the panic event from activating the cherry picker, where the infected come over the roof at you and also negates the smoker pulling you from the roof and buggering every thing up.

15. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I think jumping from the roof in No Mercy is valid, particularly since there is an associated loss in health and the thread of death (I've tried twice, died twice!).

But the smashing the shutter is an exploit and camping on the ledge at the end of no mercy is an exploit. Fine if you are playing Campaign, but unsporting if you on versus.

Besides, who wants the Expert achievements *that* much??

16. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Worse is the endless spawning hunters trick. That's just game breaking.

17. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

With the shutter, surely if it was meant to be unbreakable, they wouldn't have put in a breakable part of the level?
    None of the other shutters are breakable, I just see it as a little thing they put in for people to find.

18. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I don't know/haven't seen this one... what gives?

19. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

On the L4d411 forums they were saying that if you switch to spectator when spawning as a hunter etc, the AI will take it over. You can then switch back to infected and spawn another.

20. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

OIC...

I noticed yesterday that as I spawned as a hunter, I was switched to tank but 'my' hunter remained. Is that normal,or a manifestation of this exploit?