1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony: We announced Home too early

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

"Sony: We announced Home too early"

No kidding!
    Every time I tried to get it to work I got some weird XML/JSP error

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Until more 3rd party support occurs, as well as all of the features that were announced and anticipated to occur at GDC 07 Home will be a complete waste of time.

I want to launch games seamlessly, a virtual 3D trophy room w/ replays displaying how I earned my trophies playing in the background, more game rooms, virtual E3's/GDC's/etc., more mini-games like Red Bull Air Race but with more realism and more than just one person flying, no waiting in ridiculous virtual lines to play/do certain things, no ridiculously long loading times, more free items (clothing/attire, wallpapers, furniture, electronics, hairstyles, etc.), I could go on and on....

Sony should not have launched it so early. They should have kept it private and added more. There should have been much more content than what is even available today and there needed to be much more 3rd party support. I hope Sony learns from this mistake in order to not allow others such as this in the future.

4. spazmochad

spazmochad Minimodder

Sony learning from thier mistakes, I look forward to that day :lol:

Last edited: 9 Jan 2009
  5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

That's why I added the "hope" in their rather than the "I know they will". Companies that size never learn from their mistakes, there's too many people to mess up....

6. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Personally i don't think home is failing because it's not finished, but because it's fundamentally a bad idea...

Essentially it seems to be a virtual world without a real purpose to it.
    MMO's have quests and other content to support the community, second life has user generated content to support the community.
    Home has... not a great deal apart from a few mini games which don't really require the virtual world to be able to function in the first place.

The base virtual world has potential, but it really requires some goal to it, which seems to be lacking/non-existent at the moment.

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It's too split up, the Japanese/US/European regions don't get the same stuff, and to me that makes it borin.

Tags: Add Tags