1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD launches ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4000 series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Jan 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Any stats on power consumption and Thermal output?

Nice to See these graphics cards making their way into the mobile market.

3. dec

dec [blank space]

I'll get the shovel for the GeForceM 9-series.....

4. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Now THIS is what I've been waiting for. Don't get me wrong, I like my GeForce 9400M, but the issues I've been having with their Linux drivers lately have been ridiculous.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

they wont go away with ATI drivers...

i wonder if i can pop one of these as a replacement of a 3470.... or if i can replace it at all... or if i can ask asus to replace it for me...

6. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

No chance of Asus doing that for you mate. would be interesting to see if they can be swapped out. It'll most likely be how the cooling solution is implimented which'll be there problem if they are using a standard MXM interface... (i'm just guessing atm)

7. Goty

Goty Minimodder

The newest fglrx works great with my 4870 on my desktop while almost every NVIDIA drive I install has problems corrupting my desktop. Maybe it's just me, but NVIDIA hasn't been able to provide me with a decent Linux driver since I've owned my laptop.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

ironic... i remember a time when you could only do that fancy stuff with a nvidia... now AMD is launching their own linux drivers... the world is upside down it tell you!!

9. Nature

Nature Minimodder

I also am concerned about heat.... The 4000 series biggest flaw. Will that translate into notebooks? A little late too.

"Now, notebooks equipped with one or a pair of these speedy graphics processors can take on just about any PC game and run them smoothly at their maximum option settings."

But at how many FPS I wonder?

10. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Although my mobile HD2600 can play games nicely... I would really like to upgrade to one of these babies... Just hope that Toshiba can make the exchange :D Do they offer any €€ for my HD2600? I don't want to put in my graveyard of graphics cards... :/

Tags: Add Tags