1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant I shouldn't read the Daily Mail! (Who should?)

Discussion in 'General' started by LAGMonkey, 12 Jan 2009.

1. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

ARG i have to vent..... some nugget in Daily Mail centeral just pushed my angry button with one of the most useless piece of drivel pretending to be a news story :wallbash:

The entire article goes basically repeats that headline grabbing quote, notifying the reader that bloke Wissner-Gross has a website (conveniently called C02Stats.com) and then a spiel about larry and page while gushing over how green and eco-conssious it is. Branding about the term "server" like the author (Paul Thompson) knows what the hell hes talking about having watched a few sci-fi movies and correctly managed to turn on a Per-son-al Com-put-or.

After a quick google (OH GOD NO!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND THE ENVIROMENT!!!) and a scout about using the DM's internal search in a deperate search to see if he'd written anything useful to redeem himself, Such gems as...

Mother bugs her five-year-old daughter's teddy bear to spy on her ex-husband in custody dispute

The Obamamobile: New presidential limo is unveiled - and it can withstand rocket and chemical attacks

and...

Husband turns his wife into a $10m lottery winner - from beyond the grave

Now i know thats a picked selection of "NEWS" and the writer in question might be capable of bashing out a decent story without giving himself a papercut from the keyboard but im not in the mood right now to look into it any further. Unable to write such master pieces myself (as is evident by this rant) ill have to move on and maybe go to bed before i give myself a brain tumor trying to supress the rage that has welled up inside my feeble brain.

............ nice and calm now........ 2,500 pound golden hellos' for the jobless!!!!! bloody Times :wallbash: blooming gov. trying its hardest to get the UK out of a global ressesion. grrrrr

/rant

Daily Mail
    Paul Thompson DM search
    Paul Thompson Google search result
    The Times Online

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The daily mail is a terrible paper. Easy and entertaining, but fundamentally pure s****e. A personal favourite quote from some BBC comedy, which I've since forgotten the name of:

:lol:

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Ah the daily mail. Its for people who think they are important, but aren't. I love stoopid people.

4. quack

quack Minimodder

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That I really love - Mail runs with misinformed story, Google retorts and pwns.

<3 misinformed papers.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Thats all the Mail does.

9. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

10. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

hahaha, the daily mail - Making middle classes rage with impunity since 1867

11. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I love that paper! It's long and provides an entertaining read. The thickness of it also serves to keep you dry when it is rains. Then there's the coffee break bit! Sadly it's also quite expensive so the metro has to do :lol:

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sounds like Brass Eye. Could be wrong, though.

OT: The Daily Mail is just joke toilet paper.

13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

The daliy mail dosen't even make good toilet paper, the dam red ink really makes a mess!

googling is bad for the enviroment, quick everyone google google, it'll get confused and blow the planet up!

14. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Perhaps you should investigate the know-nothing researcher's credibility rather than the reporter's
    Still, interesting how all the top brains here know enough science to instantly dismiss this thicko's findings. I'm sure Nexxo can explain the phenomenon, possibly citing the argument from personal incredulity, an assertion that because one personally finds a premise unlikely or unbelievable, the premise can be assumed to be false. :lol:

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I dont think its the guys research that is being directly abused, more the daily mail paper. Trying to make it sound worse than it is, lets face it these servers are running anyway, and someone just worked out just how much it costs to do a google search.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It concerns me that someone's gone through the effort to find out..

17. quack

quack Minimodder

18. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

So how many cups of tea does it to print a newspaper?

19. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Very good point.

20. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

The only good thing about the Daily Mail is the sudokus and there too easy anyway.