1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The best thing that happened/done to you in 08?

Discussion in 'General' started by DorkSterr, 1 Jan 2009.

1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Changed from a good but starting to become pretty repetitive job (that was also looking pretty precarious) to a really steady job where I've learnt loads of cool new things.

Got an awesome new bike.

Went on an awesome and epic alpine holiday with my new bike.

Had the first Christmas morning with my little brothers (twins). They are three but I've never been there for the whole day. Absolutely awesome time.

The bad bits are best left festering in my head until I go mad and have a mental breakdown...

I did the same in 2006.. Really really tough year that. Uni was the best time in my life. Unfortunately I sucked at programming. In some ways I wish I had the guts to just get a crappy job and stay down there until all my mates were ready to leave. But then I wouldn't have got a job doing web design and ultimately the job I have now... I think it's all been worth it. I'm still not sure.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2009
  2. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

Main thing for me has been finally got guts to ask out my girlfriend. Just over a month now till 1st anniversary.

Getting into Uni would be the next thing.

Could add a Third that would be finally getting my room completely tidyed and rearranged for 1st time in about 3 years.

Chris

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Also in my plans for 2009 (if the freelance work pays proper): Redo my Bike License (mine has expired YEARS ago), and buy myself either an R1 or a GSXR600 or a new Busa... reward for myself...

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I did that very thing last night! I can see my floor! No more floordrobe!

I swear my room is colder now. Lack of insulation I guess :p

ElThomsono likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc oops.

I didn't get hit by a bus!

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I ordered/built my first new computer? 3/20/2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First photo i ever took off it, looks a little diffract now a days (click sig for photos+ log)

Last edited: 10 Jan 2009
  7. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

That's a brilliant word! My cousin has some clothes hooks in his room that say "for when the floor is full". :lol:

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Graduated from two schools, had parties and got presents. Also I guess it was a hilight to get accepted to the uni where I wanted.

9. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

I got a degree, kerching

10. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Got a roll back on Stealth (Sad I know, boring year)

And asked the girl of my dreams out.. and she said yes :D

11. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Tidy up that cabling man.

12. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

I bought a house (right before the excrement hit the fan) and moved out of my parent's (proverbial) basement!

In 2009 I hope to find someone to share my new bed with :naughty:, and to hit 1000 posts at bit-tech.

13. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

well 2009 has started off very badly so i hope it will get better, my girlfriend of nealr 2 years broke up with me...

14. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Diploma? Is it an International Baccelaureate school? Also...nice, very nice. If I had any musical talent I'd be jealous :miffed:

Going to Valencia for christmas with my family and family of old friends was the biggest thing that's happened to me for a while. I've been on holidays and stuff, but this was different in many ways. I loved it so much.

edit -
    See? I was right! I love the way you mentioned both those things in the same breath :)

Sorry to hear that man. Things will get better, though, don't worry - they have to now, don't they :) besides, it's a new year. What better time for a new beginning or two?