1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Think you're not gay...?

Discussion in 'General' started by boiled_elephant, 12 Jan 2009.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

[​IMG]

Yeah, dunno bout you, but I'm now trying to unsee it, having realised that
    it's a guy
    . :wallbash:

I hate androdgynies. Not in a homophobic way...they just incur too many double-takes and eye-scratching moments.

edit - but once you get over the initial displacing shock, she...er, he...is very cute. If I were him I'd wonder about any girl who wanted to sleep with me :p

Last edited: 12 Jan 2009
  2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

I've never quite understood this. To me, that looks like a chick. A quite good looking chick (until you look carefully). And no amount of "it's a guy" will change that. There's this disgust that men have (or maybe pretend to have, in some cases?) at seeing someone who looks like a girl turn out to be a guy, that I'm not quite sure of, and I certainly don't have myself. If you think it looks like a chick, and you're attracted to them, it doesn't make you gay if it turns out to be a dude. Not that there's anything wrong with homosexuality, but surely you're only gay if you fancy guys that look like guys. Am I oversimplifying?

AH

P.S. I'm not sure who is supposed to fancy guys that looks like girls / vice versa in my model. Will think on this one ;).

Edit: watching a few more times, as a straight man my only emotion is "I'd like to meet a girl that looks a lot like that"* - i.e., as soon as I realised it was a guy, I was no longer attracted to that individual, but I was still able to objectively assess their feminine qualities and decide that they were qualities I'd like to see in a proper actual girl.

* - with moar titz.

oh and by the way, surely the real question to be asked in this thread is how do we get Mankz to set this guy as his wallpaper?

Edit 2: I think he probably knows who this guy is, cuz apparently it's the lead singer of Tokio Hotel. But we can try - this one looks pretty girly:

[​IMG]

3. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

What defines a sex, the biological differences which are almost nonexistent compared to the similarities (but hey people define social groups based on petty differences as in here) or the social constructions of gender? Long ago gender differences were much easier to define and people acted in gender appropriate ways; woman subservient to men, guys wore trousers etc but in contemporary western society people have more freedom to express their identity and redefine gender. Gender now ranges from the typical to the atypical with varying degrees of masculinity and femininity and is more of a grey area now as you can see with that dude who is atypically male.

What I am trying to say is if you find him attractive...who cares don’t be insecure about your sexuality, you are obviously attracted to the feminine aspects. However isn’t sexuality a social construction anyway? Wouldn’t femininity and masculinity preferences be more appropriate?

4. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I've been scarred many times to finally know off the bat that the person in your .gif is the lead male singer of Tokio Hotel.

5. CraZy

CraZy Cöstom úser tætel

Well Bill is kinda hot..in a..well weird way hahaha. He would make a good looking girl

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

*A88 has a revelation and rips down Hanson posters from bedroom wall*

adam197 likes this.
  7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Reminds me of an amusing story I once heard about a reality TV show their aired in the UK a while back called There's Something About Miriam (remember it?). The basic premise was a group of manly guys tried to whoo a stunning brunette for £10,000 (or similar) and two weeks on a cruise with her. Of course, after the end of the two week show, it was revealed Miriam was a guy.

Apparently though the story goes after the men found out they'd been duped, they went absolutely ballistic, and trashed the hotel they were staying in. They then sued the company who made the programme for deformation of character, deciet and mental stress (or something) and won a huge payout. What's more, even with the huge payoff they got, the bloke who actually won apparently needed extensive therapy to get over it and is still living a bit of a hermitt's life off the pay-off money. It was apparently following this that reality TV shows began calming down a bit and stopped being so extreme, as it cost the production company far more than they ever made through selling it to networks.

8. boiled_elephant

Taylor Hansen? :) He's another one. But as noted,

Once again, Bit-Tech has failed to take the bait and respond predictably, favouring intricate meditatations instead. For the record, it doesn't disgust me AH, and I don't pretend it does either :) He's hot, undeniably (albeit with some makeup). I just wanted to see people squirm...and you didn't :miffed:

9. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Due to my curiosity, I wikipedia'd this and found that to be even more of a mindf**k than Bill.

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jan 2009
  10. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I knew that was Bill straight off the bat, even so, he looks like a guy wearing makeup. Can't see the chick connection myself. Personally, more things happened in my pants reading the SSD article on the front page.

11. boiled_elephant

Then it's already too late for you :p

Well, I say that, but Lian Li cases do appear vaguely sexual to me, which I'm sure precludes an as-yet-unclassified disorder.

12. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

yea, hi bill.

I'm leaving this thread now.

13. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Hope you don't think my initial comment was aimed at you. I had twatty homophobic "lads" in my head as I was writing it, it certainly wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

14. boiled_elephant

No worries, I was just jumping the gun. I find that sort of fashionable homophobia irritating sometimes too - though it does provide entertaining moments if you pretend you're gay just to wind them up. Especially if they can't leave, like in a workplace. That was fun...

Every time I see that GIF it bothers me less, I think it's just that he's got a pretty face. I suspect in person he'd be less confusing, what with having a male body and all.

Cross-dressing night in a student town, on the other hand...now that messes with your head. By the end of the night you've just stopped trying to tell who's what :p

15. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

lol... I thought it was a girl, and I thought her to be rather cute.

16. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I would.

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Slender, long neck, high cheekbones, healthy-looking skin. It's not that difficult to see why some people consider him attractive - for a given value of attractive. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that his features fit the Golden Ratio.

Now, to determine why some guys are bothered by the fact that they found him attractive - well, that's another question entirely.

-monkey

18. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

i have seen him before and i have a friend thats a girl that looks quite like him and she is exceptionally hot!

Josh

19. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

wtf!? That a guy? Seriously!?

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ahahahaha, oh god, Bill.

I remember when (s)he first appeared on the net in a large way.

Even if (s)he was a girl, I can't say I'd be the least bit interested.

Even if I were gay, I'd not be the least bit interested.